Sun, Sep 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does Mimic speak "French"?

Viomar ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2000 at 9:27 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

Hello! Everyone! By the way, you should know that Lipsync has posted their "Return Policy"... Now! For the question at hand: Does or will MIMIC support other languages, More precisely "FRENCH"?? Why you say? i seem to type english fairly good. Well i'm working on a personal project involving my favorite "French Singer". Can't have her singing in English!!! Regards! Marc

cooler ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2000 at 10:41 PM

If you have the applicable wav & can type the words phonetically I don't see why Mimic wouldn't work

Viomar ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2000 at 10:56 PM

Well! Cooler! I'm asking cause, take for instance the apps that translate text on PCs(Dragon...?) and others.; they don't seem to work well with "French" phonemes. I know, i've tried it! It's not just the "french" language, but others too, that have specific phonemes which give a hard time to those apps. So unless Lypsinc comes up with a tested and true "French" series of phonemes, i don't see how this will work for me. But! I'm still interested in it enough to buy it, and "Work my ass off" to do these myself... Marc

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 1:13 AM

Why don't you ask the folks at Lipsinc, they would know more than most people here wouldn't they? (Unless someone has tried it). Send me a wav in French and I will check it out for you if you like. acbts@cwo.com Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 11:29 AM

He didn't send me a file of someone speaking French, he sent a file of someone singing in french, with music. I don't believe Mimic will do singing with music, sorry I couldn't help. Marque

Viomar ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 9:25 PM

Thank you Folks at Lypsinc for quickly answering my email! Marque, I realized my stupidity of sending it with music in background! I'll have my friend(Audio Wiz) fix me a file with ONLY speech in french this time! I'll send it back to you early next week, if your Generous offer still stands! :-) P.S.: I dare not send my own voice as sample(Cause it "screws up" the soft, Pardon my French!). NO Kidding!! Marc(Wishing he had 3 brains & 12 hands...)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2000 at 11:34 PM

ok Marque

Dillinger ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2000 at 8:21 PM

You can use the music wav by recording a voice-alone version with the same tempo. Use this to make your animation. Export the animation as .jpg's and import them into a Flash 'movie' symbol. then add a new layer and import the wav with the music background.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2000 at 11:09 PM

I will do a voice to test it, but I unfortunately do not have time to do as Dillinger suggests. This is only a test to see if it will work for the French dialect, if it does I expect Viomar to use this test in his decision to purchase or not purchase Mimic. Marque

marcob ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 2:04 PM

Yes, MIMIC speaks french and german and even luxembourgish. I tried MIMIC with natural language and with synthetic speech (Text to speech engine from DIGALO). View a lip synchronous animation between a french Poser girl and a german Poser boy on my website in Luxembourg: http://webplaza.pt.lu/public/mbarnig/pages/lipsync.html On my homepage you can also see a javascript animation of my Poser character "Sara Proft" speaking luxembourgish. Marco Barnig

Viomar ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 4:59 PM

Thanks, Marco! That is impressive! I now have enough information to make my decision... Just found an old Illustrated book with many phonemes from different languages, It will come in handy to perfect my understanding of the process... Marque, i didn't forget you! Just been busy with familly stuff(Including my sister's wedding!) :-) Marc

stonecold ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 3:38 AM

i bought Mimic and made a sync using german language. the result is not 100% but 99%! when you enter text in a language which is not english use english phonems... it works fine... Stonecold

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.