Fri, Sep 20, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: If you are having prob with HDRI

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 2:39 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.kirksaavedra.com

It is very important to FLIP your HDRI MAP if your pic rendres to dark. my tutorial will show you how to do this. I hope this helps kirk saavedra

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 3:07 PM

file_70596.jpg

Here are two pics showing you if the pic is the right way and if the HDRI MAP is upside down

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 3:08 PM

file_70597.jpg

and the dark pic is the same HDRI MAP...but it is the wrong way...it is upside down. I hope this helps kirk saavedra

poserpro ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:09 PM

can we use the hdr map to illuminate the scene objects, any tut is appreciated.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:45 PM

Mmm. It looks in the above images it actually looks like the map IS illuminating the scene. Why would it be so dark otherwise? I am going to try this!

poserpro ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:49 PM

it was illuminated by Sky Light.

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 5:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.kirksaavedra.com

The scene is lighted by the HDRI MAp...Thats what it is for. HDRI MAPS are for reflections and light...I have a tutorial on my website. I hope this helps. kirk saavedra

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 6:30 PM

SKY LIGHT is not a light....all it does is it pulls the information from the HDRI MAP and turns the hdri map into light.. hope this helps kirk saavedra

poserpro ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:17 PM

strange, no matter which hdr map ( with different color range ) i use, all i got is a scene with blue tint, so i doubt if hdr map actually illuminates the scene.

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 8:02 PM

if you go to my website and look at the three HDRI maps i have their you will see three diffrent light levels do to the diffrent HDRI MAPS.. all the settings are the exact SAME in every pic...Just a diffrent HDRI MAP.. are you sure you have the sky light button on? Because if you dont, it cant read the Light in the HDRI MAP. kirk saavedra

mindways ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:27 PM

Ya posepro. Apparently it need to setup skylight + HDRI map to illuminate scene with objects. Just a thumb rule to remenber using in Carrara. Colour range of your hdri map isn't affect as seen in other program. Ed

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.