Fri, Sep 20, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: File Organization

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 8:25 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Hey guys, I am sort of looking if there is something dedicated to Poser (or 3D models / Textures) that any of you use as a way of keeping track of any downloads? I have a ton of freebies from all over the place, as well as stuff bought from here, and from Daz etc, but they are not sorted in any way, shape, or form. I was thinking of writing a database for it that will let me list the location, type (prop, figure, scene etc), possibly whether it's V2, V3, Steph etc, where it came from, if it was bought, what the item number was (possibly the price), the creator... have a pic of it in there, for easy browsing... Well you get the idea. If there is something like that already, I'd love to know. (My database skill is...... rubbish lol) I'd also love to know what people use to keep track of this stuff. I know there is one where it keeps track of where you installed something from, but that's all very well, but I have stuff I don't immediately install (i.e. the Renderosity Sponsored items) so that's no good for keeping track of those. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I'd also like to know what other people would like in such a database, because if I do write one, and it's any good... I'll make a freebie of it. (Don't hold your breath just yet lol) Might as well have stuff others need in it too, if I end up doing one. Silke

Silke

punisher1999 ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 8:34 AM

Poser Product Manager http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=21087 Equilibrium: Advance Power for Poser http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=17660 The Guzzler - for Equilibrium http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=18054 Try these....

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 8:43 AM

I definitely like the look of Poser Product Manager. :) I knew you guys would know something lol. If anyone is using PPM, I have a couple questions: Is there a thumbnail view or something? (Or a way to add a pic of the thing) Is there a way to list where it was bought / originated? Usually I get a friend of mine saying "Oh where did you get xyz prop from?" and if it was a freebie I often have no idea where I got it.

Silke

taco ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 9:30 AM

Well, Silke, if you do make something like PPM... I hope you can make it compatible with Macs? Maybe even a simple database with search and find capabilities? So far I have to make do with tedious hand-written lists :-(

Odiemance ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 12:02 PM

Silke - I just think installing to an empty folder, and changing the library directories(Save Geometries and textures) to something familiar to you is the best way...

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 1:43 PM

I'm not talking about the poser runtime tho, Odie. :) I'm talking about the zip and exe files. That's what needs cataloging. I can see what I have installed, that's no problem. It's the stuff I got stashed for keeps in case I have to install it again some time. Taco, I started on an access database, but I'm really bad at it lol. If I get it working, I have no idea if it will run on a Mac, but I think if you can run access then you should be able to run it. Right? It won't be anything like PPM tho because it won't have install routines. It's just a database of where you store the zip files, what they are, who they are by, where you got them from etc. If that's of any help to you, great. :) Lets see if I can get it going on a PC first lol

Silke

runnerma ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 3:01 AM

try "where is it" it has a lot of features that will help u.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.