Sun, Sep 22, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Community...

pennylane ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 12:51 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:49 AM

yeah, ok, I'm slow as hell, but I finally noticed that there's a Fractal Community in that communities dropdown box... how cool, thinks I... I can get that quick bar at the top of my screen and get to the forum, gallery, tutorials, chat, and, of course, the Fractal Main Page... has anyone looked at the "Fractal" main page? specifically, has anyone looked at the "Featured Fractal"?????????? as the thread after this says, just curious... Russalynn

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 1:03 AM

Plastic Gel? Poser Gallery? Um.. seems that Firefly should have a look there and maybe point to the Fractal hot 20 number 1 image!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Layla-Rose ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 1:20 AM

I noticed the 'featured' image too, for a sec i thought i had clicked on the wrong community. Though it does say in the News forum that the communities are new, and still under development. Maybe thats why we have plastic gel instead of a fractal ?

enax ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 2:47 AM

Yes, I saw it some days ago, and it surprised me too. When communities started the featured image was a random image of the hot 20, now this has changed and the featured image is one image and in the communities that I've seen this image isn't of the hot 20. I suppose that to put an image of the hot20 was discarded because this requires more time to process; this is to process the hot 20 and the random selection. Anyway the randomly selection of pre-selected images with votes is the most representative way. Of course the work of moderators is important for the main page of a community. For example in the community of photography every month the moderators select the featured gallery of the month and the featured photography in the main page is, during the month, a selected image of this gallery.

mintyfresh ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 2:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1392867

I stumbled across a thread in the Forum News forum (link above) earlier today about these Communities which prompted me to visit the Fractal Community page and say "whaaaa?" when I saw the "featured fractal image". I also wonder about the Hot Products links to Poser props; what's up with that, I wonder?

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:33 AM

Yeah, lovely. That horriffic Gel image and and tits and ass. Lots of fractals there. Pffffffft!

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 3:54 PM

I am trying to figure out what 'Hot Products' a fractalist might be interested in buying, lol. I don't much mind the product link ( tho maybe to the magazine or books would be nice) but really...although I know it is probably temporary or an error, it's almost an insult to have that plastic thingy as our featured image.

Fractals will always amaze me!

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:56 PM

Vivian, I agree. Except I think I'd remove the "almost" in that sentence. ;)

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 12:04 AM

What plastic thingy? Where? just waking up

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 12:33 PM

Min, look up, to the right, in the menu area. There are three drop-down menus with Go! buttons there. The Communities one -- drop it down and go to Fractals. There you have it -- ugliness! pffffffffffft!

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 12:36 PM

LOL! Ooooohhhhkay. What a pile.

Glas ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 10:31 PM

Interesting The definition of Fractal isn't even given on the On-Line Graphics Dictionary page. I think our moderator should be made aware of this.

pennylane ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 11:31 PM

we should go on strike.... laughing for better representation... hmmm... wondering how an online protest march and rally would turn out we demand our rights as renderosity citizens... grin yeah, right

Glas ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 12:03 AM

I can see the head lines Renderosity Fractures under protest.

Rykk ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 1:55 PM

LOL - Very funny play on words, Glas!

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 9:42 AM

HI Everyone - I am just stepping in for Firefly [who is away due to a family emergency]. The Random Image has been changed :) As to the Hot Products listed in the Fractal Community page - sorry, can't do anything about that at the moment - they just rotate like the top MarketPlace banners [something the programmers are working on - to make the MarketPlace images in the community reflect the specific community's MarketPlace]. Thanks all for your continued support of the Fractal Community, Forum, and Gallery :) ladynimue Moderator

enax ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 10:05 AM

Well done, the fractal of Deagol is an excellent image.

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, ladynimue, it's at least a move in the right direction. :)

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 4:46 PM

Thanks enax and FractalGrrl Since the cyber paint is still drying on the Rosity Communities walls, we really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we get all the little kinks worked out :) ladynimue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.