Tue, Oct 22, 3:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Need host for freebie Vic/Maya Doll (2.25 MB)

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 9:39 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

Unfortunately my web space has a file size limit, and I can't get the file under 2 MB even if I split it up.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 10:35 PM

Attached Link: O&D Poser Styles

is your total limit under 2mb? my site will hold 1mb and under but can hold many of them... i have bodie textures there and there quite large.. have you ziped it?? would be glad to help you stop by anytime.. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

onnetz ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 1:28 AM

I see this all the time and it amazes me... not singling you out shadowcat, but so many people here will spend lots and lots of cash on poser stuff but wont spend $8 a month for a webhost and instead ask other people to host files for them....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 1:37 AM

No, total limit is 50 Mb. yes it's zipped. This file is just the encoded object, the cr2 and a readme. Before zipping the file is over 4 Mb.

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 1:58 AM

Ya know I really don't think I should feel bad about not wanting to pay money that I don't have just so I can give something away. Oh, and I haven't bought very much of anything since my husband's factory packed up and moved to Mexico, thank you very much.

jjsemp ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 2:24 AM

Thanks for the freebie Shadowcat. It is much appreciated. Not singling anybody out, but some people here like to make snap judgements about others and tell them what to do.

onnetz ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 2:30 AM

then dont pay anything, and making you feel bad was not my intention... http://www.free-webhosts.com/ http://www.freewebspace.net/ http://www.0hosts.com/

Foxseelady ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 2:58 AM

Shadowcat we had a company here that packed up and moved to Mexico to, that stinks!

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 3:05 AM

kicker was they announced Dec. 26th (merry christmas)

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 4:55 AM

I bet that was deliberate.

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 5:27 AM

Shadowcat - I'll host it, no problem. No strings attached, 2,25MB fits fine on my server. Mail me. :] Fish

rhiafaery ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 8:39 AM

I also wouldn't mind hosting up to 5 megabytes for someone that really needs a place to store their freebies. Just mail me. :)

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 2:29 PM

You generous people are good. I get tired sometimes of the "have" attitude around here. Poser is a good preoccupation sometimes for the disabled physically, clinically depressed, unemployed, unemployable, or people living and earning in countries with exchange rates that make thier currency valueless in U.S. dollars ...and have no access to electronic funds anyway. It is actually surprizing the number of Poser people who have revealed to me after some lengthy correspondance they were disabled and on fixed income. The "high rollers" have kind have left the whole DIY scene behind... it was the big grab for for cash and shift to comercialization that soured the realy generous (REALY generous) Poser resources like Traveler. To be honest, the only reason my stuff ended up commercial is I could not find a free webhost that wouldn't TOS me... I don't even have a credit card or checking account. But maybe I shouldn't vent like this... I'm sorry. I just miss the old days of people Hacking P3 and P4 and putting it all up on the web for folks to play with... What are the good free Poser sites now? I went without ISP for about 18 mos. when my FreeDialUp wanted that $8USD/mounth and now I don't know what's going on... tried a new Poser site last week and the registration was a scam... didn't give me access but I had to abandon my mail.com account because of all the SPAM comming in now (hard to deleat from web mail accounts). Oy! Kvetching too much again. So sorry!

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 5:32 PM

Shadowcat I sometimes offer free webspace for freebies ... email me if you need space. momodot, I know that feeling. I see some stuff in the market for sale that I never would DL for free. Shame, but thats the way capitalism goes. I do still try to make freebies, but its difficult to find enough time. I'd like to keep offerring all my stuff for free, except for the teensy fact that this is my only income right now sigh The only reason my site is still up these days is because my very good sysop friend is allowing me to piggyback on her server Lyrra the Overworked

rhiafaery ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 5:46 PM

Oh...momodot...trust me, I know exactly what you mean. I am a single mother and not in good financial or medical condition myself. I do the best I can, but I can't be running hither and thither purchasing every dang thing that comes out just becuase it's there. I pick and choose VERY carefully what I purchase in limited amounts each month, and fill in the rest with the wonderful freebies that ARE still available. I am very lucky in that I found an incredible deal on my wen hosting package, and I have more than enough to be able to offer some to someone who needs it.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 6:48 PM

There realy are some Generous Freebie people out there I can think of... Gerald Day, Studio Maya, Digital Babes... CAL wherever his site is now. Still there was some amazing stuff back when... Eve4 is a powerhouse figure! Brilliant! I don't think I've ever seen textures to match Staale's. Traveler's tutorials tought me so much... those are still up at his site but all the poaching of his tremendouse site by CD compillation sellers is what lead him to go mainly commercial after years of giving so much and asking nothing in return... i don't blame him. The inventiveness was exciting though. There is still a lot of Freestuff and certainly still a lot of realy generous talented people!

Riddokun ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 7:59 PM

i know the problem... i too had trouble finding host with required features for poser freebie sharing: Unlimited monthly bandwidth unlimited file size (most hosts are 1 or 2 mb) good web space i foudn one after getting dumped by three other hosts without seriosu reasons anyway advices to reduce file size: if it is a MT, there is a tutorial at DAZ or Morphworld about how to remove "unneccessary" lines (information in .obj not used by poser for MT) and it works Also you can split your zip using a spli/joiner that is free and link to the homepage of the software lastly you can use a rar or a ace with multivolume and choose a individual part size below your limit or you can ask someone here to host it for you

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 9:33 PM

ok, after looking around for hours, signing up to 3 providers only to discover "hidden" file size limits or the file would bog out the upload. finally have been able to load to angelfire, hopefully this will work out. If it doesn't work I'll take someone up on their offer for space. My ISP comes with 120 Mb web space, and for quite awhile it was good space, I even hosted Thip's stuff for about a year. Then came the file size limits, no hotlinking, and the killer - bandwidth restrictions. So the bottom line is that I have lots of space that can't be used. I'd change my ISP if I didn't hate the alternatives more.

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 2:55 AM

try free.prohosting.com the upload on the webpage editor is limited to 2mb, but you can ftp a larger file to your site.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.