Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: A free copy of Cinema 4D CE6

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 8:27 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 3:05 PM

In issue 88 of Computer Arts magazine, on the free disk, is the full program of version 6 of Cinema 4D. I just thought that folk here might like to try it out if it takes their fancy. 8) This is one of the reasons I subscribed to it. Catlin

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 8:42 PM

Wow, cool! Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to try C4D.

JC_01 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:23 PM

do they sell those magazines in stores, or is it a suscribe online only kinda thing? Jen

rstar ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:53 PM

Her in Tucson we have ' Borders' and 'Barnes and Noble' bookstores and they both sell 'Comuter Arts' magazine for around $13 or $14. I would think that any 'good' bookstore will carry it. rstar

rstar ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:54 PM

oops! 'Her' is 'Here'!

rstar ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:56 PM

I HATE it when a computer can't spell!!!!

b_03 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:56 PM

Reallllyyyyy I was loking at a demo version...Hmmm wonder if Chapters sells it.

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 10:57 PM

That's really cool Catlin. I too have been thinking about getting my hands on C4D. Maybe this will give me the chance. Thanks!

JC_01 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 11:04 PM

lol knows where i'm going tomorrow.....grins

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Catlin. C4D interests me too. Oh, Digits Magazine is offering ParticleIllusionSE 2.0 on their disc. I'm going to see about combining some of the effects with my Bryce animations(exploding spaceships, etc) According to the mag, this is not a time-limited demo, and you can download other emitter collections from Wondertouch's website. I love Bryce, but I'm not a strict purist and I'll use any tool I can to make a good effect. Seems like a good prog too. they've used PI 3.0 on a lot of recent feature films, both pre and post.

antevark ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 11:51 PM

whew Just got back from my second day of school, and last year I had chosen my elective for this year to be "LD Animation," which is a C4D 8 course, got half an hour to play with it at school, we start really learning it on Friday. Still prefer LW, BTW. I'll keep you updated on that, though.

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 3:13 AM

Is that the real deal or just the "full" demo which times out?

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 6:18 AM
Forum Moderator

For you Brits out there, WHSmith usually stocks it...

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 6:43 AM

Attached Link: http://http://www.computerarts.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=18181&subsectionid=841

For more info on this very good looking offer go to Computer Arts Web Site. Dennis

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 9:37 AM

Cool. Will it be on a 3DWorld disk too? I've got a subscription on 3DWorld, so I don't want to buy a computerarts magazine for a proggy I'll get with 3DWorld anyway. Especially since computerarts isn't very cheap here.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 10:09 AM

It's no demo Eric it's the real deal. 8)

Sambucus ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 1:38 PM

Rayraz, I got it today and it has "exclusive" written on the box so I guess it may not appear on CDWorld. It has a restriction on the size of animations but suggests that 2d images could be screen captured as there is no limit to the render size.

Jausse ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 2:44 PM

It is also on thge 3DWorld cd. I had a tough time deciding which one to buy :-) I think I'll get both Josselin

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 6:23 PM

From their webpage..... "The version well be giving away is called Cinema 4D CE - it's a fully functional but limited resolution version of Cinema 4D XL 6. There is no other limitation, there are no features missing, and Maxon has a fantastic upgrade offer to tempt you toward the light of the full resolution version. If youre interested in 3D you cant afford to miss this issue." It is fully functional but has limited resolution. I have searched all over town for this magazine..... and no luck. Barne's and Nobel here only gets 2 Computer Arts magazines in each month.... What is that? 2 magazines per month? Oh well.... It isn't in the cards for me. lol

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:01 PM

The magazine is just out in the UK and AS says it takes a couple of weeks for it to get to the US.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Swade: You could subscribe..............

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:57 PM

I was forever missing great issues with plugins and software I really wanted so I gave in and subscribed. It's great to have it arrive at your door. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.