Sun, Sep 22, 8:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Using poser to create MT's, is it possible?

pus ghetty ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 5:30 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:26 PM

hello, I was just wondering, it seems most people use a 3d modeling program such as rhino, rds, 3dsm, etc.. to create their morph targets. With posers cool ability to create and manipulate deformers like magnet and wave. I find it easy to create cool looking characters but I don't want to step on anyone's (curios labs) toes. Is it possible to create and possibly sell characters created entirely in poser using their supplied models as the basis for your morph targets?

amp-three ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 9:48 AM

dont think so. If i recall previous conversations, you have to export the character to another program and do your dirty work there. Do a search in the message archive using key works to maybe help you out. ..->[ aMP-3 ]<-..

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 11:00 AM

heyas; #1: yes, you can create morph targets in poser. use the magnets and waves, etc, the do the object:spawn morph target. #2: no, you cannot sell characters made with the copyrighted meshes that come with poser. no matter how far you deform them, they still belong to curious labs/zygote. now, there's no reason you can't sell a pack of morph targets, if they are properly formatted. (i'd suggest morph-squisher... i mean 'morph squeeze' by bushi.) you could also probably sell a cr2 file; being as both morph targets and cr2 files can be distributed for free (though you probably want to double check with zygote and curious labs about that).

pus ghetty ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 12:32 PM

Thanks for the replies, they describe what I thought the answer was. I just wanted to make sure. ya know? I'll have to experiment with that "morph squeeze" utility. Will "morph squeeze" totally reformat the file or will I have to go into and rewrite some txt of the cr2?

amp-three ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 2:51 PM

well dont i feel stupid. ..->[ aMP-3 ]<-..

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 7:31 PM

heyas; morph squisher doesn't mess with the cr2, it messes with the obj file. (if you create morphs with magnets, you will have to export them as objs to use this method.) it strips out everything but the v lines. (or, to use less technical terms, it leaves the dots, but gets rid of the lines and faces. ;) ) aw, don't feel bad, amp. :)

pus ghetty ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2000 at 2:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I would like to create a package of morphs. I am quite pleased ;~) amp, I didn't mean to make you feel bad either ;~)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.