Fri, Oct 4, 3:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Is it possible to convert a Michael 2 conforming item to one for V3?

panko ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 6:12 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:05 PM

A little while ago I found a very good conforming char (by Tagame) of armpit hair for Michael 2. Trying to make it fit V3 though is no simple matter and it's a pity for this piece of work is far superior to any hair growing method I've tried in Poser 5. Any suggestions?

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 10:33 PM

Try parenting it to the Chest instead of conforming then move/scale to fit. Also, a trick I use with some items (such as conforming shoes, fingernails, bracers, blah blah things with 2 separate pieces) it load in two. Place and parent Fig1 and then place and parent Fig2. Easy work-around. Still might have to jostle them around depending on posing, but it works in a pinch.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:26 AM

file_74711.jpg

It takes a little effort, but yes. 1) Load Tagame's armpit hair into P5. Do not conform it. 2) Select the right collar and export it as a wavefront object. Use all options except morph target. 3) Select the left collar and export it as a wavefront object. Use all options except morph target. 4) Delete Tagame's armpit hair from the scene. 5) Load V3, no morphs 6) Import the right collar object you just exported and place it under V3's right arm so that about 1/3 of it is buried in the pit. Use only the Make Polygons Consistant option. 7) Do the same thing with the left collar you exported. 8) Export both the objects into the same wavefront object. Use all options except Morph Target. 9) Delete the two objects from the scene. 10) Import the just saved combined wavefront object. Use only the Make Polygons Consistant option. 11) Select the imported object and go to the Setup Room. 12) Load the bones from a V3 clothing top. 13) Go back to the Pose room. 14) Conform the new figure to V3. 15) Go into the Materials Room and assign the same materials and options as is in the orginal Armpit Hair figure. 16) Go back to the pose room and save the new figure as V3 Armpit hair into your figure library. Now you have a truly conforming figure to V3 for armpit hair. It does take a few steps, and you have to get placement of the left and right collar objects right, but you'll have a conforming figure you can use again and again. If you have any questions, send me an IM. Remember, you can't distribute the item because you didn't make the texture or orginal object.

panko ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:38 PM

file_74712.jpg

Thank you pdxjims for your quick response and the time you took to help me. I followed your instructions religiously and obtained a 90% overall success. The questionable 10% lies with the final conforming to the V3 figure. As you can see from the included pictures, when conforming, the newly bonned armpits don't sit at the correct place but a little higher up and this I found impossible to correct by using the dials. For bones I used the Dave71 (strapless) bikini top for V3. What have I done wrong? Sorry to bother you again but seeing that your method works so well I'd like to stick to it. (It goes without saying that I shall be using the new character privately and that under no circumstances do I intend to distribute it).

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:49 PM

Panko, It looks like the top you used for the bones was set too high, or V3 wasn't in the default pose when you positioned the two collar pieces. First, try it with a different V3 top, or even with V3 itself in the setup room. If you use same V3 default you used whn you loaded the figure, it will almost have to conform perfectly. Try it and let me know how it works.

panko ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:13 PM

pdxjims, thanks again. It was the top's falt which was set higher. Now it works like a dream! By the way, your method is quite ingenious! A million thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.