Fri, Sep 20, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser Artists!! Whats on your desk?? HeHe

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:53 AM

file_74858.jpg

man, mines a mess...but perhaps not quite as messy as some.

here is the monitor......gotta file some of that junk away, and through out the rest!

eric

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:54 AM

file_74859.jpg

Not much of a Weird Al Fan, but I play accordion in a local band (been playing for way too long!).

eric

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:22 AM

file_74860.jpg

Computer's that is. Ok....here's my main "puter room". The room itself is pretty "sparse". I have three pictures on the walls: Two loon paintings and a racoon print. The "desk" pic is my main area....to the right of which is my primary computer, the Pentium IV/XP machine with it's periperals...and "always" C-Span on the T.V. Behind the main computer is the Lap Top on a card table, which subs for a work area and place to pay for all the crap I buy here, at Daz, RDNA, etc., etc. To the right of that is the Pentium III and it's peripherals. That machine runs Windoze 98SE and doesn't get a lot of use. Now....the Pentium II resides in my living room. It runs a dual boot of ME and Linux Mandrake :) The Pentium I is downstairs and still runs Windows 95! It's working it's way to the next yard sale.

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 3:29 AM

Great idea PixelFader - this is more exciting than Big Brother! I am sooooo nosey and it is reasurring that I am not the only one in such shambles. "But darling, I am an artist!" *tosses hair back, swivels and flounces out *

arfarfarf ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:07 AM

file_74861.jpg

I do almost all of my computing sitting in the car on my laptop...

Papu ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:47 AM

file_74862.jpg

Here's mine. Not a pretty sight :D

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:05 AM

We are all very lucky we have not been electricuted by all our wires hanging out....these are very interesting areas...Sharen

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:17 AM

file_74863.jpg

Too small to keep much on........notice how you can't see the floor in the pic ? Thats where I keep all the big mess ! Interesting to see and read all these

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 8:10 AM

file_74864.jpg

Hehe this is fun. Here's a pic of my mess...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 9:13 AM

file_74865.jpg

... and here's mine. Looks pretty messy but it's actually pretty organized at this point. No, I didn't dust which I desperately need to do. I share this corner of my living room with my hubby and you can see the back of his chair to the right. Yes, those are towers lined up under my desk. Four of them all in various stages of (dis)repair. I use the two towers in the corner to the left. The yukky yellow color to some things is from before we quit smoking (we are about to celebrate six months smoke free!)

You can see a full view of the art on the wall to the right at
http://www.johannas-art.com/commissions1.htm and the one on the left in the corner is one of the canvas prints I had done of my own work back when Renderosity offered prints. Still haven't framed that one.
Lisa

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 9:42 AM

file_74866.jpg

This is just too wild LOL... I've added a nice hot cup of coffee to my desktop this morning :) Forgot the left side...so here it is... now this is near embarressing....

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:00 AM

file_74867.jpg

Gotta clean up my act, get rid of all those computers... BTW, I hate to tell you guys this, but towers are _designed_ to sit on the floor, they used to make these horizontal kinda cases (you can see one in the pic) for desktop use. ;-)

Helen ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:16 AM

file_74868.jpg

Top part of the picture is Tony's (hubby) We have our own rooms... I am a bit of a neat freak. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:21 AM

file_74869.jpg

My room floods..so it has to be high :) I'd love to put that big tower on the floor, but I'm afraid to. Hey Jim..check my other desk LOL

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 10:59 AM

Still LMAO@compiler (post #22)! The ultimate computer geek bathroom! lol

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:37 AM

okies no photos here but.. 2 17" monitors 1 cpu case 2 speakers 1 artpad 1 mouse 1 sidewinder gamevoice controller 1 amplifer for the 4 backspeakers on the other side of the room 1 webcam 1 scanner 1 double CD rack 1 007 Walther P99 capgun 1 cable modem 1 SFS Split 64 function throttle 1 Talon F15 48 function joystick 1 'Topgun' thrustmaster joystick manuals, books, magazines, cd blanks, pens, paper, crisp packets, audio cd's, 2 phones (1 cell 1 landline)... oh as for posters.. 1 set of Hawk Interceptor Blueprints (Space 1999), 2 Suits of Armour, 1 Knight charging (all from the Royal Armouries here in Leeds), 1 Ghost in the Shell... just gotta find a clipmount big enough for my Eagle II special Edition poster...

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:37 AM

file_74870.jpg

Simple and comfortable. Did I win anything?

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 11:52 AM

Nice and clean JV :) What's that little square thing on the right and what's in it ???? I've been looking at those...

swfreeman ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:01 PM

file_74871.jpg

:D

swfreeman ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:04 PM

file_74872.jpg

another one... my drawing board..with my cute lil graphire.. my..uhm...so called computer... behind it my inspiration shelf with lots of mangas,dvds,tapes...and other crap uhm.. yeah..thats it

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:07 PM

Dave,
That's a Shuttle X box. I bought the barebone at googlegear.com. I put in a DVD/CDRW (samsung has a black one) an AMD 2800+ cpu, a gig of DDR333 mem and 120Gb HD. I love this thing cuz it's got one of those heatpipe cooling system. Even after 3 hrs of rendering (100% CPU usage) it barely gives out any heat. This is much quieter than my previous tower. JV

Shuttle X

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

texboy ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:59 PM

file_74873.jpg

Not many (or any) Mac users represented, so here's one. The 1.2 GHz G4 is to the left; under the banker's lamp is a polartec blanket where my orange cat sleeps while we're rendering! all the best, Paul (texboy)

nawtyangel ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:48 PM

file_74874.jpg

Actually just cleaned up the 'puter room this past week, sooo not as much as usual on my desk. Notice the chair, LOL, once I crawl into it I'm usually there for a while, soooo I went with a big chair for comfort. :)

Barryw ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:54 PM

file_74875.jpg

I use a mac!! Dual 533 with 1.5gigs of ram baby, yeaaa!!! Er, ugh, sorry Austin kicked in there.. Though there is a pc in my picture, and two more behind me not not in the picture. swfreeman looks like he is using a mac by the dock on the bottom of the screen. I'm still trying to talk the CFO (wife) into letting me buy a G5. Note the cool iPod bay I built into the zip drive bay on the front of the tower!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:55 PM

Hehe Nawtyangel, you and I have the same cablemodem it seems :o) Nice chair, looks comfy :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.edventure.com/edventure/esther.cfm

Dizzie, I recognise that picture, Ester Dyson's (Freeman Dyson's daughter) office, a very smart cookie indeed, proof that an untidy desk is sign of an active mind... :) later jb

Caly ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:38 PM

Hey the laptop in my image is a Mac! :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

nawtyangel ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:39 PM

LOL @ TrekkieGrrrl! Can't find the cablemodem in your pic to compare. Will take your word for it. Give me a week to get my 'stuff' piled back around my work area and probably won't be able to find my cablemodem either. ;)

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:42 PM

I love my cable modem..it's USB and plugged into the front of the tower. Very convenient when t-storms approach. I just reach over (no leaning involved) and unplug. :)

thip ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:49 PM

one monitor one mouse one cable modem two coffee cups two mobile phones (work and personal) three DVD movies (AE Titan, Tomb Raider I, Animatrix) three biscuits one snoring cat named Troll ...and one book - "Goldratt's Theory Of Constraints" which supposedly teaches you to make the most of sparse resources ;o)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 3:22 PM

Oh but that's coz my modem isn't at my desk. It's on the stairs, visible at the left in my pic, where my linux box also stands and act as a fileserver and firewall - and makes it possible for all our other computers to be online too :o)

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:39 PM

file_74876.jpg

I'm pretty much mobile now unless I need the desktop to render something big on. This is my personal space in the back corner of the bedroom. The top drawer of the tv armoir holds most (certainly not all) of my crap, CD's, manuals (when I know where they are), etc. I'm thinking of taking the loft away from the kids and turning it into a proper den/library. :)

...... Kendra

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:06 PM

Texboy-Whaddya mean 'no macs' ?-thats a Mac laptop back there in no. 59 as well as part of the family iMac showing.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:57 PM

Looks like I have the same cable modem as nawtyangel and ernyoka1 -- mine's a USB SURFboard SB4100.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:10 PM

I got a mac too :-) will have pic up once I get it out of the cam and in to the computer

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:48 PM

file_74877.jpg

Here's my mess :-) Just below the fan you can see the front of my G3/400 and the black tank on the right is a 20oz C02 tank for paintball. On top of the scanner is Nosey, my Firelizard :-)

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

oops, sorry 'bout it being a bit on the big side

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 6:38 AM

file_74878.jpg

The large stack of CDs on the left are all Computer Arts cover discs waiting for me to do the tutorials!

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 7:47 AM

file_74879.jpg

Monitor, keyboard, graphics tablet, phone, radio, TV, video gear, AV gear, blank CD/DVD's, scanner, printer, robot, Kim Possible book, ahhhhh!

Melory ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 10:24 AM

file_74880.jpg

I could clean it in the morning and by the end of the day it would look like this all over again...so I figure why bother :)

Visit My Blog!

mon1alpha ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 6:14 AM

No pics.. Home.. far too many cds not in cases, A Darth Vader moneybox, a Mr Potato Head, a Beanie Baby crab ('cause my wife says I'm crabby when I'm working with Poser..Moi?!!) A toy motorbike, an origami samurai helmet, pens, ashtrays, a big fat tabby cat..the computer room gets a lot of sun during the day :) Work......oh..my...god...tons of stuff

_Audrey ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 11:58 PM

file_74881.jpg

Dodger's desk (my girlfriend Chrissy on his lap) Current contents: No Chrissy shes in virginia now :( 3 CD Roms Empty packet of Camels Super-sculpey finger madeof super sculpey Half-eaten chocolate bar watch tablet monitor lamp speakers bracelet Dodgers reference notes and printouts pens and penciles cordless mouse laser mouse keyboard glass coke bottle (you can get them from mexico) deodorant stick spork business cards expired Max tickets 2-liter mountain dew bottle 9 soda bottle caps its a very small desk

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:41 AM

file_74882.jpg

This is my temporary setup; had to drive from TN to Phoenix AZ to be with my wife's Dad during the last stages of his illnesses (he passed in his sleep early yesterday morning; renal failure from diabetes) The monitor is an extra from her brother; mid tower is my wifes, and the monster next to it is mine. If this thread is still active when we get back home, once I get the stuff reconnected, I'll put up a pic of my =real= workpit (doesn't include the P2 notebook we also have with us)

Mariamus ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 11:01 AM

file_74883.jpg

My desk!! :D I have practically nothing on my desk right now.. I have my darth maul soap-figure.. my two 512 MB HDD's (never use them ^_^) my cordless phone, the cd-box, my coin-box and an empty frame. :) ask me in two weeks, and i'll have 37 pieces of paper, candy wrappings, two plates and 4 glasses, some still containing cola! that's how it is ^_^ and BTW. the wallpaper on my windows desktop.. Max Payne 2 official wallpaper! ^_^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.