Mon, Oct 7, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:54 pm)

Subject: Concept Car

hornet ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 7:18 PM ยท edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 2:30 AM

I would like to ask all interested parties, to design for myself a car that would compete with the likes of: the new for 2004 Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin's DB7, Mercedes Benz CL class 2-doors as well as others that fit into the High-End luxury class. This contest is not strictly for those into "LightWave", but is open also to other formats, such as: 3DS Max, 4d Cinema and all other 3D formats. The perimeters are: 1. The car MUST consist of a standard automobile layout. 2. Front engine/Rear wheel drive. 3. 2-door, but must have enough room for 2 passengers in the back. 4. Size of the car should be approx: Length, between 185-192 inches. Width, between 71-76 inches. Height, between 51-54 inches. 5. Car should have a destictive! look to it.. somewhat like the Ferrari's or BMW.. you know it when you see either of those on the road.. but not odd in any way.. perhaps a prominant grille, like Bugatti or older Volvo's, or perhaps that of Mercedes Benz cars. 6. Finally, the car should be contemporary in it's design, not too futuristic! I would like to see at least 3 different views if possible.. front 3/4 view, rear 3/4 view and the top. I would like to see some ideas emailed to me possibly by September 20, 2004, but if not, perhaps by the end of September. Please send all entries to me in JPEG (.jpg) format. Please send them in sizes under 200k if you can. Email all entries to me under the subject heading of "CONCEPT CAR" .. ALL OTHER ENTRIES THAT ARE NOT "CONCEPT CAR" WILL BE DELETED!!! So Please email carefully!! My email address is: dlvh007@yahoo.com don't forget "CONCEPT CAR" I thank you all in advance for your entries.. if you have further questions, just email me..also under "CONCEPT CAR" in the Subject area! Happy designing! Mr. David V. .. VH Inc.

i0n ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 8:08 AM

Yeah, I'll get right on it!

wozzyke ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:03 AM

yr-eah right, for such a contest you need a prize, I dont think anybody will enter in such a contest IMHO No offense, but if I should have the ability to model something like that I would keep it for my demo reel is stead of giving it away for nothing. wozz

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:09 AM

And the prizes are?

chemicalbrother ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:18 AM

ahahahahhahahahaha......... yeah right.............. i'm in the middle of modelling a car at the moment.but it won't be appearing here : ) http://www.chemical-brother.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/backstart.jpg it's gonna be a nissan skyline r34

wozzyke ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:21 AM

lol man, what a response also from you chem, off course I knew what he was up to and as I told I'm not going or willing to do an effort. why did you edited your previous post? your car is looking good but it seems there are some problems with your polyflow. can you post a wireframe somewhere? Have fun modeling your car yourself hornet, and keep em comming Chem!!!!!!!!!!

chemicalbrother ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:26 AM

sure wozz http://www.chemical-brother.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wireframe.jpg and i edited the last post cuz it was a bit heavy handed : )

wozzyke ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:42 AM

hey man, naaaah it wasnt that harsh, it was the truth. I looked at your wires and I guess the two five-stars above the weel are doing something strange to your model, have a close look to your smoothed model, you see the MISSshapes (if that is english) keep us updated

chemicalbrother ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 12:00 PM

yeah wozz i know about the distortions on the wheel arches. but they get smoothed out when i freeze the sub patches to regular polys (and its gonna all be frozen in the end) so i'm not too worried about it....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.