Tue, Oct 22, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Creating Texture maps...

Azmyth ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 12:40 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:27 AM

well, I figured the best way to create a "close" representation of a wrestlers attire is to create a texture map of it. How do I do this? I have Paint Shop Pro 6....I also don't have any idea how to apply this to the figure once I'm done...

Darthliam ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 1:54 AM

What you need is UVmapper by Stephen Cox. You should be able to find it in the Renderosity downloads section under utilities. he has an explanation/tutorial of the features at his website: http://home.pb.net/~stevecox Hope that helps...

Wizzard ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 2:25 AM

Then UV map the geometry Obj and use clone brush to transfer the image over.. save the image move it into an easily accessed tesxture directory.. then one the figure's loaded... apply the texture to it.. depending on the rendering/modeling software's method... Good luck.. Wizzard

bushi ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 2:29 AM

With deference to Darthliam, you don't really need to use 'Mapper with the standard figures. On the content CD, there is a folder with the texture templates of those figures. Templates are just black and white images with the 'skin' of the figures layed out flat. You use it as a 'road map' of where to paint to create a new texture. In your case, you can take the template into PS as a layer and a COPY of the figure's standard texture in another layer. Have the template layer below the texture layer. Set the texture layer to have some transparency so you can see the template layer. You can now paint the the texture layer using the template as a guide. The most critical part is getting the edges from front to back to meet correctly. This is where the color coded templates that are available in the free downloads area can be useful. When you've finished painting, delete the template layer and export the texture area. You can now apply your new texture to the figure. That's it in a nutshell. Getting this to work right does take some practice so figure you'll do several before you get one that meets your needs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.