Sun, Oct 6, 10:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Anyone out there any good at head (modeling).

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 6:11 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:06 AM

file_77044.jpg

Thought that would get a response. :o) I've started to model an endoskeleton of a cat (based on a tiger). But I'm having real problems with the head. Has anyone got a tiger or cat skull mesh? or know where I can get one. Cheers. Phil

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Andini ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 7:26 AM

I can't model a head for you but what you already have is amazing. I'm assuming that it's all primitives but at first glance, I'd have never known!

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 8:23 AM

I don't have a cat skull mesh, and I don't have any reference on what it should look like either, but I think you could try to model it using some metaballs for the basic shape and then use the same technique you've used for the rest of the skeleton so far to make some details, teeth, jaws etc. I think a realistic organic skull mesh would break up the nice style you have created so far anyway.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 8:24 AM

Thanks, yes all primitives. Quite a few of them. But when you have one leg, you have them all. ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 8:25 AM

I think you're right Rayaz. I tried sticking a poser cat head on it. (Didn't work obviously) Thanks for the suggestions.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 9:20 AM

couple of links here that may help you out. I did a google search for cat skull, and these turned up on the first page http://www.iv-stock.com/ivstock/search.asp?Range=Auto&Terms=Cats http://digimorph.org/listthumbs.phtml?grp=mammal&name=CommonName

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 9:23 AM

Thanks for making the effort chlohole. I did the same search and found similar sites, plenty of pictures, but no meshes which is what I was looking for. (Not that I could see anyway). Thanks for looking.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Teri ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 9:45 AM

LOL Phil I'll spare you the pervy comments on your subject line heh. I couldn't model a head to save my life, but just wanted to let ya know what you have so far is outstanding! Have to agree with Rayraz on having a realistic skull.....it would ruin what you have created so far.....keep on with the same technique and style you have and model one in the same way you have created the body. This is gonna be really cool looking when you finish it. Looking forward to seeing it, Teri R

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 5:07 PM

Beautiful kitty..............what's it's name? lol 8) Maybe we could have a competition to see who could make the best cat's head out of meta balls, whadya think? 8) Catlin

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 5:55 PM

Really a beautiful skeleton drawbridgep! this almost looks like it evolve into "Terminator Kitty", lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.