Thu, Sep 19, 9:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 525 Total Signatures, and I got robbed large...

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:19 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:46 PM

Hey everyone. I think you and the people from the IRC room have noticed that I haven't been around much in the past week. Basically I've been robbed of pretty much everything I had minus some cash the first night I slept in residence at my grad school. cash, wallet, laptop, digital camera. I consider myself artistically dead. Completely and thoroughly. Indeed, I can not think of anything else to do during the day than stare at the walls and go to class. I left the door of my room open and someone came in during the night. I was jetlagged and slept soundly, didn't hear a thing -or there was some force that kept me asleep, lest something worse happen if I actually would have woken up. At any rate the guy managed to pass through two security doors with different number combinations, another door (probably locked) and yet my own door -which was or was not locked, I do not entirely remember. At any rate, that's what happened. I'm done completely, nothing left for me to do artistically but to doodle on pieces of paper. Damned addictions... 525 signatures though... incredible and amazing, at least I have something to smile about. Mihnea

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:22 AM

i should say that i left the door unlocked, not open. apparently out of 200+ students that lived in that house only mine was unlocked...

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:32 AM

Unlucky Drac, shame we can't string these crims up :-(, did the cops find any fingerprints or any other leads???

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:37 AM

Sorry to hear that Drac. That sucks big time! Robbery always feels like such a personal violation. So it seems that it's going to take a while before you can replace a lot of your stuff. All you can do is wait for the initial shock to ware off and hopefully get a priority plan to get yourself back on your feet. Wish you all the luck in the world and hope youll be on your feet soon.

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 8:08 AM

Been there, I Really, really feel for you. If I were presently in your shoes I would spend most of my spare time using that brilliant mind researching & helping the authorities nail the low-life. More times than not, they had you scouted out and are probably insiders. Good luck Mihn!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 8:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Been burgled 3 times in the past....it sucks big time...my commiserations(sp).......I hope you get your stuff back, I know how much it meant to you. Was your laptop insured?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

JC_01 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 8:19 AM

oh no Drac, that's terrible... sounds kinda like a prank or something.... I don't suppose they have security cameras installed?? I'm really sorry to hear about that...I'll be hoping and prayin they find your stuff in tact... good luck! and BIG TIGHT HUGS Jen

jaydiva ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 9:59 AM

Sorry to hear that such a horrible thing happened to you ... I hope they find your stuff and the guy who did that to you. big hug from me too JD

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:18 AM

That sucks! If you didn't before mark your stuff. Take the case off your electronics and write or engrave your state and driver's license number on the inside of the case. The police are not allowed to use your Social Security Number to find you if they recover your stuff.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:20 AM

So sorry to hear your news Mihnea, I do hope the cops find the asses who took your things. Dose this mean you are in England now? This is a terrible welcome to a new country and that is probably why they picked on you too. I hope you did have things insured and that you can get back to your addiction as soon as possible. Big hugs from me too and I hope things get better fast. Take care. Catlin

JustinBm ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:39 AM

That really sucks man. I hope they get caught

JustinBm ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:39 AM

That really sucks man. I hope they get caught.

vasquez ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:40 AM

Well. what can I say.. I'm really sorry!!!! I hope you'll get that **stard!!

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:47 AM

Oops, I keep forgetting that the world isn't a bunch of McDonalds-eating Coke-Drinking Americans that just happen to wear different funny hats, but all think the same. Still, wherever you are now I hope you can get help to recover your stuff and find the best things to protect yourself.

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:55 AM

Sorry to hear this Drac. Really hope they will find the f...s and hang them!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 11:22 AM

That sucks Drac. Odds are if they got through two or more secured outside doors that the thief is another student or a friend of another student. (However someone may have propped the door open, if the dorm has no A/C. If you see somebody doing that get on their case.) Did you inform the campus security people of the theft already? And was there any property insurance for the student dorms. Do what you can to follow up on that and if you're lucky you'll get your stuff back or at least get reimbursed. Anyhow, may as well draw on paper in the meantime. Not as fancy as the computer stuff, but at least it'll keep your artistic skills going. Good luck!

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Teri ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 12:09 PM

Hi Drac.......I was wondering where you had gone....missed you here in the forum.....your art...lol and yes your rants. But....perhaps there is something we can all do besides offering our sympathy. Being a student most likely means you dont have allot of cash to replace what was stolen.....but maybe we can help? Is anyone including myself willing to sell models, mats, and other bryce related things and let all the profits (including Renderosity's percentage) to help Drac replace some of his things that were stolen? Just an idea, have to check with Renderosity's staff about all the details. In the event that Drac's things are recovered (highly unlikely) we could dontate the funds to another worthwhile cause? Take care...so sorry bout your loss Drac...prayin you had your stuff backed up on cd. Teri R

derjimi ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 12:16 PM

Oh my... so you lost everything to create art... :-(((((((((((((

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 12:17 PM

Teri; what an excellent idea. You've got my vote! :) Drac; :( I'm so sorry for you. Both for your stolen goods, but even more so the yucky feeling the insident surely left you in! And if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

corys311 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 1:11 PM

Sorry man! I know how it feels. My car was broken into a couple months ago and I lost about 1200 in stereo gear, and I know how bad it feels! Cory

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 3:24 PM

dude that really sucks. only hope they catch the losers.---defintly hope that you can get all or some of your stuff back. best wishes Jordan

unclebob ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 3:34 PM

That really sucks Drac, find these critters and hang them by the jewels. I know you probably already thought of this.. but you should go to all of your web sites and change your passwords or drop the account and create new ones. From the sound of it, I'd hafta agree that it sounds like an "inside" job.. a fellow student living in the dorm or a friend of one. all the best, bob

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 4:53 PM

Oh No! how awful for you, I lock everything up, comes from having two younger sisters. I feel for you greatly. This person will not prevail, karma will come around and smack them in the gut. Do you have a list of what was stolen, so that it can be replaced? Best of luck, I know your stuff 'will' come back to you, give it time, maybe not exactly the same but the items will return.....smb

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Pedrith ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 6:07 PM

That totally sucks. I hope they get the little rotter that made off with your stuff. If you have a paypal account and are in desperate need of some cash, I am willing to wire you $100 or Fed ex it to you. I wish I could give you more, but i'm on a really tight budget. Pedrith

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 6:44 PM

You see Drac you've got friends here who care, and if you can't recover your belongings then I'm sure we can all pull together to help you out. This might not replace all you have lost but it'll be a step in the right direction. 8) Catlin Do you have a PayPal account?

Pedrith ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 8:31 PM

Even if you do not have a paypal account they are really easy to set up. If you can get internet access just go to www.paypal.com Pedrith :)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 10:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your predicament. You say you slept through it. Is there a chance you were drugged? If there are pawn shops in your neighborhood I would inquire there immediately and let them know that the laptop was stolen and ask them to keep a lookout for it. Hey everyone I am in if a store account is set up to sell meshes and mats to help out drac.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 3:55 AM

Damn. That really sucks. I hope they catch the guy and find your stuff. If they don't I hope you have insurance to compensate for the financial loss a little. If the guy managed to pass through two security doors with different number combinations he might have known the combinations already... That would shorten the list of people who could be the criminal a lot.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 4:29 AM

I'm sorry to hear this Drac.. I'm trying to keep the IRC alive for ya.. got my Khai sitting in there all the time.. tho cos of work hours etc I keep missing everyone that comes in lol

Odiemance ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 12:03 PM

Drac. - Is there anybody at home? This is usually what House Insurance is for. You may want to look into this. I remember adding my Dorm. to my families policy when I was at school. I do'nt even think it cost us anything.

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 1:12 PM

Don't want to sound negative, but the police in this country (england) are useless when it comes to "small" crimes. I know a guy who had his Suburu Impreza robbed off his drive and all the police were interested in was a nice cup of Tea. The guy now drives a VW Polo. Sorry this has been a rude welcome to this country for you, we're not all thieving bastards. Nottingham does have one of the worst crime records around, not very reassuring I know but I hope your time here gets better. All the best, and go have a beer!

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Odiemance ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 4:25 PM

They would come with finger print kit's if you requested this formerly and in writing.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:30 AM

yeah, the irc group has noticed. We're keeping it opened. By the way, who is @khai? Another bot? Never speaks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.