Fri, Sep 20, 4:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:06 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: M3 Barbarian Poll... This affects ALL potential buyers!

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:17 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 2:20 AM

file_78537.jpg

I'm nearing the final stages of development for the Barbarian (sorry for the delay, folks, had a lot of stuff going on in RL that made it very difficult for me to devote my time this project in it's entirety.)

The attached is an image I previewed over at poserPros a couple of days ago, and does not reflect the current progress of the Barbarian. Neftis has created an amazing hair set specifically for the Barbarian which she already teased you guys with and I'm very proud to announce that secretheart is working hard on a set of add-on textures for him, and from the work-in-progress renders I've seen, you guys are going to love it!

The poll is this... would you prefer to have the clothing set as one Single conformer, or in pieces? (i.e. Boots, Loincloth, Armbands, Belt) The other option will be of course to talk to DAZ and see if they can make an optional installer that will give owners of the set the Full Conformer and the associated obj file (after verifying that the pieces indeed exist in the user's Runtime), but I haven't discussed that possibility with them as of yet. I'll try and go with the best option based on your preferences.

And for those wondering, we're hoping to have the Barbarian and related products in the DAZ store sometime within the next two weeks.

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:19 AM

As an added note, I am going to explore the option of creating a free upgrade for those who buy this to make the Barbarian fit the upcoming Mystery Model, but from the look of it (see the post in the Poser Forum regarding it) it might require a LOT of work.

nornaddict ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:24 AM

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy Mike3 very soon :) The original Barbarian looks excellent but this new version just slays him :) If/When I buy him the optional installer sounds like the best option to me :)

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:32 AM

Thanks for the input norn... FYI, I plan to have special upgrade pricing for those who already own the Michael 2.0 Barbarian. This one, however, consists of entirely original geometry, poses, the works... built from the ground up with only a couple of the original design elements still present.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:36 AM

I'd prefer pieces so I can mix and match with other items I have. BTW, looking bloody brilliant :)

Firebirdz ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:43 AM

mix and match please :-) Like sometimes I just want to use the loincloth with no belt.

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:43 AM

Thanks Xena! I actually have it in pieces right now, but when creating all the needed MOR poses, I noticed that Poser's crosstalk issues aren't always absolved by using differently named channels, due to occasional bugs, and I figured an all-in-one conformer would solve this.

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:45 AM

Oh, the No-Belt thing is easy, whether It's supplied in pieces or as one conformer (looks like it'll be pieces thus far)... I'll be supplying poses as I did with the previous version that HIDE/UNHIDE bodyparts and quite a few of the parts feature alternate geometries for more variations.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 4:15 AM

Yeah I noticed the crosstalk issues with a 3 piece outfit I'm just finishing up. It's frustrating to the extreme so I understand you wanting to make it all one piece. What about an all-in-one conformer, as well as in pieces - but as props instead of conformers?

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 4:25 AM

Hmmm.. I'll give them a call over at DAZ tomorrow to ask them about the additional update-style installer to make it a single conformer... I think that doing both in one download might be too much for some users... those small straps make for much larger morph targets and a heavier filesize, you know ;)

Evanara ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 5:24 AM

This looks great! Personnaly,I prefer independant items as its easier to mix different outfits together, but having them in one single item isn't a big problem,I guess. Anyway,great work on your part, as usual.

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 7:25 AM

In pieces please. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 8:58 AM

I'm going with the different pieces too. Even the right and left for the boots, etc. It lets you decrease the overhead if you want one boot on, one boot on the floor. And he looks bloody magnificent. Great job on the clothing and morphs. And I WANT Neftis' new hair! The previews are spectacular. And what a BIG sword! Do barbarian heros have big swords to compensate for something...? Nah! Just kidding! This may be a long two weeks.

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 9:13 AM

Great looking model, DraX! I vote that the model load in seperate peices. Jay

JetM ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 10:52 AM

I'll add my vote for pieces. Except that I'd rather have both boots in one figure. I tend to do more renders with both boots on and that's just one less figure to conform. He looks awesome!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 11:12 AM

In reeses pieces pleases!!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for the input... I asked because Poser has some annoying cross-talk issues at time, even when the channels have different names, causing the dial settings from poses not to take on occassion... I also had released the last Barbarian's clothing set as one single conformer and noone ever complained about it. So, I guess at this point I know my answer. I'll see if using a rebuilt null loader will help those wierd, random Poser problems.

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 12:07 PM

I'd say make it a single conformer, and if someone just wants to use pieces, they can make them invisible in the hierarchy editor. Great looking character though man!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 12:23 PM

I'm with Elor... I'd just use the hierarchy, or if I wanted smart props, I'd spawn them. Looking good Drax. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 1:11 PM

Just curious.... Is Barbarian for the mystery model? bB

DraX ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 1:16 PM

No, he's not, that is Michael 3 you see there, not the Mystery model... Although, I have discussed with DAZ the possibility of making an upgrade at some point in the future to add compatiblity for the Mystery Model.

nightfir ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 7:29 AM

Hmmm in seperate pices please. Great guy buy the way. Any idea when he will be available for purchase? Brad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.