Fri, Sep 20, 2:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 2:35 pm)

Subject: transparency

qntt ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:21 AM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:59 AM

What is the matter with the eyes !? I imported a model into max5 and the eyes vere whiteThen I corrected the transparency problem and exporetd the modell in *.x format (for directX programming) andyou guestthe eyes were white again. I did the same thing again whitout correcting the problem in max and the result vas the sameSo I thinc the problem is the incapaciti to export transparency correctly with poser5 . I need your input please

nornaddict ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:42 AM

It's not just poser5, this happens with all version of poser that support transparency. Did you export from poser as a *.obj as this can be worked round with MeTaL Fixer & Grouper.

qntt ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:53 AM

No I didnt please tell me what is MeTaL Fixer & Grouper

nukem ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 5:10 AM

You don't mention specifically which model you're referring to, so I'm going to assume you're using Vicky 2. V2's eyeballs have a "double layer" construction. The actual eyeball is encased in a "shell" of polygons grouped under the "Eyeball" material. I don't know anything about directX programming and your specific requirements, but I'd suggest trying to delete this polygon shell around the eyeball. The eyes should still look fine without it, at least that's my experience with exporting into Bryce, max, etc... Make the eye an Editable Mesh and select the Polygon sub-object group. Then under 'Select by ID', choose material ID #1. This is the material called "Eyeball". The whole eye will look like it's selected, but it really isn't. Delete the polygons. You should still be left with the actual eye but without the polygon shell around it. Hope this helps. Mike

qntt ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 5:42 AM

Deleting the polygons solved the problem...The id was 13/14 not 1.

nukem ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 7:37 AM

I stand corrected. It was the way I imported the materials into the Materials Editor. I just imported the eye mesh's materials so it stuck the Eyeball material under #1. Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.