Sat, Sep 21, 2:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser4 and 5 on one harddrive?

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:49 AM

Just purchased the Poser5 from Poser4 upgrade. Seems that Poser5 is now stable enough to be used. The question is: How should I install it? Is it possible to install it seperately, so that Poser4 and 5 can run simultaniously or at least independently? What is the best practice and recommendation. Diskspace is not an issue. Thanks - Tintifax

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 11:42 AM

I installed P5 next to P4 because of the bad critics. But I 'v never got problems with P5!! So when I find the time I will clean out P4. They worked for about a year now, nicely nekst to eachother on the same drive. Hope this helps, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 11:56 AM

You can't have both programs opened at the same time, but you can have them installed to the same folder with no problems. I have P4 w/PP in the same folder and P5 accesses Poser 4's library with no problems.I use Poser 4 a lot yet, but render in Poser 5 with Firefly. I also have python scripts for lighting that will only run in P4 which I don't have the $ to upgrade right now. I have passed a file from one program to another with absolutely no problem. Eventually I will probably uninstall P4 and just retain it's runtime library. I still store all my 3rd party items in P4, because while P5 can access P4's library, P4 can access P5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.