Mon, Sep 9, 5:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser 5 freeze up after installing patches.. HELP

LadyLight ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 5:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:07 AM

I tried a search but this forum is huge and I didn't find it if the question has been asked before. I downloaded and installed the patches.. Poser 5-SR3 Figures and Poser 5-SR3

Poser didn't like that at all... it refuses to render. Freezes up and menus disappear.. ANY help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

sirkrite ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 8:15 PM

Is this the first time rendering with Poser 5? Another words did you try rendering before installing the SR-3 and if so were you able to render then?

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 3:00 AM

Also what are you trying to render? some models have "issues" with poser5.

LadyLight ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 3:05 AM

Oh aye.. I have had Poser 5 for some time now... and it has worked well (other than the firefly renderer which never was very stable on my machine) It just got flaky after I installed the patches. I wonder if maybe I installed them in the wrong order or some such thing. Anyway.. it just won't work at all now. As far as what I am trying to render.. anything .. I even tried rendering just the default figure that is there when Poser loads..nada.. it freezes right up!!

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 3:22 AM

hmmm figure updater first then application updater is the right order to do them in, do it the other way round & it'll probably cause problems. Have you tried running the updates again? it's possible that will fix it, if not you might have to reinstall poser.

sirkrite ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 7:09 AM

Lady Light, what operating system you have?

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 8:18 AM

I would uninstall and re-install with only the char patch and the sr3, that seemed to help me.....knock on wood. Marque

LadyLight ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:14 PM

I have Windows XP (have never liked it.. gives me many headaches) Ugh.. I had hoped not to have to reinstall.. I'll never get all the extras back in there!! Ah well.. thank you all for taking the time to consider the problem and offer solutions. I appreciate it

sirkrite ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 1:43 PM

You don't have to reinstall. Just do a system restore to a date before you installed the SR3. You can find System Restore in your Windows Help. That will get it back to where it was.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.