Sun, Sep 22, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Yet another "is it art?" thread.

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2003 at 6:01 PM

Anything can be art, and art can be anything. All it takes is imagination and an open mind.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

thip ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 4:23 AM

Attached Link: CG Channel Thread On Poser Use

Check this out - never ceases to amaze me how fast things change in the computing world (the first comment on the thread is the forum owner himself!) : http://www.cgchannel.com/forum/viewthread?thread=3747

thip ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 4:28 AM

Attached Link: CG Channel Article On Strike/Rolhion

...and don't miss the article on the guy who's the subject of the thread - this guy is GOOD. You'll all recognize the lady on page 3 of the interview, but you've rarely seen her look this good! http://www.cgchannel.com/news/showfeature.jsp?newsid=1344

Riddokun ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:58 AM

hmm you know, poser is just about loading someone's else 3d model character , hitting Render button and "voila" :) (yeah right, hen gimme the version of Poser that can render same Posette p4f this way without other work than a clik) sometimes i feel like using foul words... i think that, given the same tools he uses as us, the result he gots sure requires skills, as it is not poser's render raw right out of the box ! but as some say, skill is not art.. but some say craftmanship is an art (in my country, craftmen of stone, wood, etc, were recognized as Artists, known as companions, and could traval all around the whole country of ours, being welcomed, praised, given food, bed and shelter durign their trip, without any payiement other than their work and presence...)

PJF ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for your comments, all appreciated and mostly interesting. I would have participated more but I, er, had to leave for a while... c1rcle wrote: "Slap the next person who says it's not art & tell them to wake up." I can't recommend that as a policy on this site. You're presented with the situation lmckenzie describes in post 57, and then end up having to leave for a while... ;-) For what it's worth (some people seemed to get the wrong end of the stick here) I think BigT's image was splendid, and a worthy winner.

slinger ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 7:47 PM

Maybe instead of an "is it art" post we should have a "what is art" post, and see how narrow some people's definitions actually are. ~slow grin~

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.