Fri, Oct 4, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: [OT] Movies......

woodhurst ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 5:20 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:26 PM

I was just sitting wondering yesterday, what everyone's favorite movies are. I know this thread has come up before, but that was a while back... should be fun to see what everyone has on their list. 1.)The Shawshank Redemption 2.)Saving Private Ryan 3.)Donnie Darko 4.)Thin Red Line 5.)LOTR

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 6:11 PM
  1. LOTR Triology 2. Matrix Triology 3. Brainstorm 4. Waterworld, Robin Hood, The Postman 5. Tomb Raider 6. Muppets Treasure Island, 7. Alien Triology 8. Termintor Triology 9. Dr. DoLittle (Eddie Murphy) 10.Altered States 11.The Frightners 12.Galaxy Quest 13.MIB 1&2 14.True Lies 15.Independence Day 16.all the StarTreks 17.The Fifth Element 18.Conan, Barbarian and Destroyer 19.Red Sonja 20.Twins 21.Jr. 22.Sleepy Hollow 23.Paulie 24.Shrek 25.Monsters Inc. 26.Babe, Orig and In the City 27.Adventures in the Forbidden Zone(SciFi B movie) 28.Ed Wood 29.Edward Scissorhands..... Well, I could go on , but I won't, we have over 250 DVDs of our favorite movies.....:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 6:24 PM

Ok I can't add to Zhann's list, so all of the above. 8)

woodhurst ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 6:28 PM

forgot to say it, but how about the top 5 favs. great list though zhann:))

striving ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 6:36 PM

Dont know if I can pick a top 5. I have a hard time ranking my faves.. but I will throw out 5, not in any special order... The Exorcist. Fargo. Dark City. The Green Mile. First Blood. (the only one in the Rambo series I liked)

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 6:49 PM

Most of Zhanns list plus: Starship Troopers Mary Shelleys Frankenstien Bram Stoker's Dracula Legend Willow (so many more)

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 7:11 PM

The following are FILMS. Films are different than movies, because they RULE! 1. Fight Club 2. Ninja Scroll 3. Zoolander 4. Office Space 5. Terminator 2 : Judgement Day That's all I really watch, these days. No VCR, and I only have 8 or 9 DVDs.

Swade ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 7:18 PM

LOTR Trilogy Jesus Of Nazareth Stephen King's Rose Red Stephen King's Storm Of The Century The Fast and The Furious ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TOP 5^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The rest of my favorites in order 2Fast 2Furious xXx.... The Vin Deisel movie not adult movies. Wolf Merlin Knights Tale Groundhogs Day What About Bob National Lampoons Christmas Vacation They The Others Legend of Hell House My Cousin Vinny Johnny Dangerously Legend

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

brittmccary ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 7:34 PM
  • Casablanca (absolutely stunning) - The last Emperor (what a movie!) - The Spiral Stair (Hitchcock) - Chicago - Mio min Mio (Swedish, based on Pippi Longstocking's mom's book with the same name. The best childrens movie ever made)

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 8:15 PM

Not my favorites but five that haven't been mentioned. What Dreams May Come. Highlander Blade Runner AI X-Men Favorite Black and White oldies Seven Samuri The Day The Earth Froze Captain Blood The Road To Morocco 20Million Years To Earth

gregsin ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 8:37 PM

To Kill a Mockingbird Braveheart Pearl Harbor For Love of the Game As Good as it Gets Other than the first one no particular order

Andini ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 9:29 PM
  1. Toy Story 2) A Bug's Life 3) Toy Story 2 4) Monsters Inc. 5) Finding Nemo Are you seeing a pattern? ;)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:11 PM

Seven Samurai (regular film) Ghost In The Machine/Spirited Away (anime) too many after that to list.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

woodhurst ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:22 PM

rock on shadow!! office space is next on my list.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:24 PM

LOTR I and II Alien I and II Saving Private Ryan Terminator hmm... and 13,14,15,18,19 on Zhann's list.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

ocddoug ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:37 PM

I'm not a big fan of sci-fi or fantasy movies like most here, save for Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. Here's a few of my favs: Taxi Driver The Shawshank Redemption Planes, Trains and Automobiles The Lonely Guy The Fugitive Back to the Future Midnight Run At Close Range Jurassic Park Saving Private Ryan

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 12:43 AM

Hmmm. Great question and thread. Some of my top faves... 1. Somewhere in time. 2. Crouching tiger hidden dragon. 3. 20000 leagues under the sea. 4. O Brother, Where Art Thou? 5. Allegro non troppo 6. All Clint Eastwood westerns.

unityboxer ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 1:23 AM

1.The 5 deadly venoms 2.Fight Club 3.Full Metal Jacket 4.The legend of Ran 5.The Matrix Trilogy I have more but....this was off the top of my head.

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 2:42 AM

1.All the films of the Lumiere Brothers(they started it all) 2.Casablanca 3.Kind Hearts and Coronets 4.The Bridge Over the River Kwai 5.Blade Runner I love just about all the films everyone has mentioned as well.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:14 AM

Someone mentioned there's a difference between films and movies. I think I know what they mean. Like there's a difference between movie actors and movie stars. But anyway, make your own decision whether mine are films or movies. I can't believe that Star Wars (Original) aren't in the list. Wasn't Star Wars voted most popular film ever? Maybe that was in a poll of Star Wars fans. Lot of good films in the above list. So (to be a little bit different).... Hunt for Red October (Crimson Tide was good sub movie too) Shawshank Redemtion Leon (I think it was called The Professional in the US) The Prophecy (Walken was perfect casting) Pulp Fiction Dogma (I thought it was a laugh and quite clever) ((I like all the New Jersey Trilogy actually, but maybe not top 10)) Also mentions for 2001, Star Wars, Blade Runner, 6th Sense, Lock Stock, Matrix, Alien(s), Pretty much any western, classic war films, (Great Escape etc), the old musicals, any Sci-Fi, most political thrillers, fantasy... (keeps continuing the list into the distance until someone tells him to shut up.) AND finally, an honourable mention for one of the worst films of the recent year... "The Core". I didn't enjoy that at all and it was only extreme will power that stopped me walking out. Maybe this OT thread should go further OT and have a list of bad movies.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 4:10 AM

O.K. drawbridgep, good idea (officially hijacking Woodhurst's thread): Favorite: 1. Casablanca 2. The Day the Earth Stood Still 3. Any Marx Brothers film 4. Toy Story 1 and 2 5. The Maltese Falcon (no. 6 would be The Matrix) Least Favorite: 1. My Dinner with Andre (the most boring film ever popular with film critics) 2. Any Friday the 13th film 3. Maximum Overdrive (sorry Stephen) 4. Dude, Where's My Car (I hate this movie, and I haven't even seen it) 5. Can't remember the name, but the Godzilla movie where there's a Godzilla Jr. :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 6:40 AM

Some films I like: Spirited Away (almost all of Miyazaki's films, actually) Angel Heart Alien/Aliens (not the other two) Shrek Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels/ The Snatch LOTR: Two Towers That was the top ... many :-) at the moment. Then Apocalypse Now The Unforgiven (Eastwood) Blade Runner Stand by Me Misery Oh, Brother, Where Are Thou Life of Brian 48 Hours/ Streets of Fire/ Long Riders/ Southern Comfort Last Action Hero Indiana Jones (the first two) Whew, so many still to list ... Then, there are visually stunning films which are not that great as films. I think that every visual artist would benefit from seeing them, if not for other reason then just to see what's possible: The Cell (the mind sequences are incredibly well designed) Vidocq The Hunger I also like film noir, just because of the lighting, which might be noticeable here and there in my pics. :-)

-- erlik

Svaelt ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 6:46 AM

Ok well thats a hard question. Dark City Equilibrium Fargo Reservoir dogs Airplane some movies worth watching are: Interstate 60 Jimmy Neutron all monty python movies

padawanNick ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 6:46 AM

OMG: Doesn't aynone still remember the original Star Wars Trilogy ?!?!?!?!?!? My single favorite movie is Return of the Jedi. Timing has a lot to do with it. I was seven when the first Star Wars came out, so I kinda grew up with that series. Other favorites: Matrix Air Force One Fists of Legend (awesome martial arts) Dune Aliens Sixth Sense Raiders of the Lost Ark (Just the first & third)

Svaelt ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 6:48 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention Bowling for columbine!!!

mloates ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 7:32 AM

I'm with Padawan Nick--number one is the the Star Wars Trilogy. Close behind are the LOTR and Matrix trilogies (Matrix Revolutions out November 5--I've already got tickets). Terminator 1&2 are in there as well. Then Alien & Aliens. In total that's more than 5 (it's like 13), but it's hard to narrow down.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 9:18 AM
Forum Moderator

Alien The Core LOTR Trilogy Star Trek (All of them) Star Wars (All of them) The Song Remains The Same (Led Zepplin Movie) Hundreds of others. My son and I have had a competition running for years now. If we are watching a movie we try to ask each other questions about the film and actors...ie: Name three films that actor was in...or what was the name of the original of the movie we are watching. (for example: What was the name of the film remade as 'Red Dragon'? Answer: Manhunter) My son is a head by several billion points......LOL

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 9:46 AM

Finding Nemo..........the funniest, emotional ani to date. Pulp Fiction..........totally wicked. Forbidden Planet..........scared me stupid when I was a kid. Truely, Madly, Deeply...........this one always makes me cry. Ice Age...........the best ani ever. Final Fantasy............the best ani ever. All Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, Matrix, Tomb Raider, Terminator, Beatles, etc, etc, etc. As well as all that's been mentioned above and far too many more to write here. 8) Catlin

woodhurst ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 9:48 AM

drawbridge, i think star wars is a given, i mean, who doesnt like those?(the first 3 that is:) thought of a few more... any Quentin Terintino (I havent seen Jackie Brown) snatch Apocalypse now spirited away was awesome too... almost everything on erliks list:)))

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 10:57 AM

The Matrix trilogy is defenitely my Fav by far :) Then it's closely folloed by: Ice Age, Shrek, Monsters inc, Alien, Aliens, Alien resurrection (still gotta see Alien 3 some time), star trek movies, starwars, LOTR trilogy, MIB, The Fast & The Furious.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 12:10 PM

Alien 3 is a must see, it is much darker than the others and one of the highlights of the movie was that there were no highlights, ie. no white. Catlin

JC_01 ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 1:16 PM

lol I can't believe I haven't seen Desperado mentioned grinsssss can't wait to see the next one!! (now if only they'd let me take Antonio home....hmmmm)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 1:22 PM

Don't we all wish Jen? lol 8)

woodhurst ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 1:55 PM

oh yeaah desperado!! once upon a time in mexico rocked as well.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 2:35 PM

desperado? haven't even heard of it. and who is antonio?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

woodhurst ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:12 PM

antonio banderas, he was in zorro (the new one) desperados is sorta like a spanish pulp fiction/mafia movie, and once upon a time in mexico is the next one (its a trilogy--el mariacho is the 1st in the trilogy)

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:30 PM

gotta see if I can find it somewhere then. I'm bot really into gangster movies, but if it's a good one that doesn't really matter :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:34 PM

I am not usually fond of documentaries, but "Brother From Another Planet" was awesome!!

Svaelt ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:35 PM

It's funny how these OT threads always are the most popular.....

Svaelt ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:37 PM

And yeah, Like Rayraz i'm also into gangster movies. Like that whole depression thing.

JC_01 ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 9:40 PM

file_81355.jpg

Desperado was AWESOME!!! LOL am trying to get it on winmix, eerrrrrrr i mean on disk.. ;) Ummmmm hey Catlin? ^^^^^^^ Dat's for YOU!!! ^^^^^

antevark ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:18 AM
  1. Minority Report 2. Equilibrium 3. Matrix(1, only) 4. Fight Club 5. LOTR Trilogy And, the list could go on... There are several reasons I really don't like Matrix 2. For one thing, it obviously wasn't meant to be a trilogy, I mean, Matrix 1 finished. 2 looks kinda cobbled together, and there were some entirely pointless scenes(zion techno-orgy - why?) It's also the first time I've been bored in a fight scene, Neo vs. Agent Smiths? Neither can die, again, no point. I'm not even going to bother seeing The Matrix: Revolution, because... *** * * * * SPOILER * * * * *** Neo proposes an alliance with the the machines against Agent Smith. Stupidest. Idea. Ever. *** * * * * /SPOILER * * * * ***

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:01 AM

Don't you dare tell us what's going into the final Matrix antevark, some of us just love the films and I can't wait to see the final installment, so just don't you dare. 8) Jen that is a lovely collection of Antonio's I think I'll copy it and go drool for a while. lol 8D Catlin

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 3:01 PM

The Matrix story line is even in one of th trailers, so I don't think it's a major spoiler. I liked the Matrix cause it was different. I liked Reloaded even though the fights are a little bit too staged. And yes I'm gonna go see revolutions. Channel 5 over here in the UK are having a Matrix night. The Matrix, Making of Revolutions, Animatrix: Second Renaissance, major league baseball. Oh wait, that might not be part of the Matrix. Anyway, that's my evening sorted.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

mboncher ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:34 PM

My Top Five Movies 1. Ghost in the Shell 2. Blade Runner (unrated version) 3. Moulin Rouge 4. Spirited Away 5. Sneakers There are many others, but these are the ones I keep returning to time and time again.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 5:21 AM

OOoohhhh ghost in the shell get's a mention, one of my faves. Haven't seen anyone mention The Crying Freeman yet... The original 3 Star Wars films were great, shame about the prequels which have been terrible (except for Yoda's fight scene lol) So 2 more to complete my five, Blade Runner and Joan of Arc (with Milosovitch as the lead).

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:37 PM

What, Milosovitch was Joan of Arc? hehehehe 8)

RobertJ ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 2:44 PM

Memories (The magnetic Rose). LOTR, The return of the King is going to rock. Laputa, Castle in the sky. Jin Roh (The wolf brigade). Patlabor II (it still gives me the shivers when the tanks roll into Tokyo) I know it is a load of Anime, but who cares, i enjoy it ^_^

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 4:06 PM

Lol ooooopppss, should have been Jovovich, Milla Jovovich I fancy, Milosovich I don't!!!!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 4:28 PM
Forum Moderator

Lee-Loo! corrrrrr...!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

mboncher ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 9:01 PM

Baaaadaboom! That probably should be my 5th place film. I fergot all about it.... must have been a stroke. and of course... Multipass!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.