Fri, Sep 20, 9:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: First WIP version 2

jabbiati ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 8:47 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:31 AM

file_81556.jpg

So I worked with your advice for awhile and came up with version 2... I combined textures on the terrains, using 2 texture to keep the sand and add some graininess to the stone. The ship already was a free 3D model, as is the stone structure (I modified it slightly)... I moved the shadows to keep the immediate foreground in shadow and the cove below in the light (ala Hildebrant)... Any further comments VERY welcome... and thanks for the last round, they were a BIG help. I am also thinking of creating a woman in Poser and having her sit on the edge of the building, as if waiting for her husband to return from sea. Or perhaps I'll turn the ship 180 degrees and have her lamenting her hubby leaving for the sea... Anyway....thanks for the help.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 1:52 PM

This looks much better jabbiata, the textures on the terrain are working well now. One thing though, I think there should be more detail in the shadowed area, its a bit too black. You could try using some radial lights with a low setting, not too much, just enough to let us see some detail on the dark side of the building. I look forward to seeing version 3. 8) Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 3:30 PM

I agree with Catlin, there would be light bouncing off the brighter areas in the foreground onto the walls, so a dim radial showing a little foreground material would help a little....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

corys311 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:18 PM

This is looking great! The only thing that's getting to me is the amount of haze that's making the sky and the ship hard to see. I'd actually leave the haze there and move the ship forward. I'm also lookin forward to the the next version! Cory BS

jabbiati ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 8:35 AM

Thanks for the advice....! I'm headin' out for travel for work, but I'll see ya'll later in the week!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 12:20 PM

I'm very selfish about dark and light areas. I tend to make a picture look how I want it to. I use a laptop mostly and obviously a CFT shows up dark areas brighter than a CRT. It's a compromise. Do you lose the atmosphere you gained in order to let people see the detail? You can't please all the people all the time, so I say go with what you like.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.