Sun, Oct 6, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Render slow sity

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 10:17 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:16 PM

Or Renderslowsity Just a word that came to mind when browsing tonight. (Seems te get worse by the day.) Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 10:46 AM

Yes, you are right. Sharen

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 11:33 AM

hmm.. at present, there's (scrolup/down) 1960 folks on board. That might have something to do with it (I saw 3,000 a few days ago, but we've seen wierdness like that before..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 11:58 AM

Actually, it doesn't seem to matter much how many people are on...it's slow most all of the time. In fact, by my reckoning, it's the slowest site I go to. When it gets beyond 1 minute for a page to display, I just X-out of my browser and give up. Needless to say, this bad for vendors because I get frustrated and only look at ones that are intriguing enough to endure the wait for. Or, sometimes, I look at the first page and think, "Well, this has possibilities maybe..." but I don't want to spend the time WAITING for 2 more pages to display. Bad for artists as I have now refrained from voting in monthly contests because I abhor the thought of waiting for 20-40 entries to download (!!!) so I can give every artist a fair chance. Ultimately, it means it's bad for R'City. Oh, and one more thing it leads to: opening R'City in 2 or 3 browsers so you can let one "work" while you are looking or reading one of the others...since my broadband can easily run several "R'City" browsers...it always seems to be "waiting on reply" from them.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:07 PM

several posts and complaints for a long time now, and nothing is ever done about it.......... the amount of people online has made no difference and it shouldn't matter anyway, you want all these members, you have to know how to deal with it and of course the die hards never say anything, in their world everything is "wonderful" :)

Engel47 ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 2:21 PM

I just went to the gallery to check out new uploads, and even though several images had comments - underneath the thumbnails it said 0 veiwings under all of them!! Wierd!!

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 3:06 PM

It's gotten really bad in the last few days. The other night, I just had to give up. Couldn't get a single page open. mac

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 4:14 PM

I was actually about to ask if it's just me or if anyone else is getting a really slow response. It's been going on for some time now, thought it was me at first but.... obviously not! R'osity - slap your host around a bit an tell them you need to be on a faster server...

Silke

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 4:50 PM

Yup, it's been slower than a big bag of very slow things lately. Agree with mac that it's been particularly bad over the past few days.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 5:01 PM

Agree with the above : I did not change my connection and yet Rosity went slow lately. I'd say 2 months or so. Especially around 8 to 9 pm (french time). Are there more people coming here lately ?

sexxx ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 5:08 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Yup Its been bad when at work its just as slow only come here now if I reeeeaaally need to.I'd hate to be on a 56k right now LoL at work we have an oc12 dedicated connection (don't ask hehe) and its like a 33.6 modem I hope they fix this soon :)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 5:20 PM

Well, I can be pretty sure it's not me when I can go to 10 different sites and the page loads in less than seconds and R'City takes 45 seconds (or more).

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 5:43 PM

I know we had server problems 2 days ago, but AFAIK it was fixed but Rendie is still kinda slow. We've been asking in the back room as well to find out what's going on. You're not being ignored. We're just not posting until we have an answer. :)

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, I noticed the exceptional slowness a couple days ago, but it seems to be back up to speed now

Ecstasy ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 7:44 PM

I think renderosity is dying.....the ship is sinking.........

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 11:36 PM

"Wake you Rosity, the problems are a sure fired way to run people off to other sites and I know you don't want that to happen." Hmmm...the more I hear and see, I'm not so sure about that one... Laurie

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 7:17 AM

Oh well, I was averaging 10 seconds from screen to screen this morning (1390 people on site) but last 2 screens took nearly 40 seconds...so, came here, posted this message and OFF I go.

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 8:52 AM

I find that ever since the change in merchant percentages that not only has it been incredibly slow, but lots of porblems. Stuff like galleries disappearing, slooooooo ness. It's interesting that taking the money away from the merchants was supposed to improve the site. "Old chnese proverb say, It it isn't broken, don't try to fix it."

Strixowl ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 12:05 PM

Yup 45 seconds per forum page (no pics). Damed if I'll even look in the MP. This site is becoming a waste of time. Off I go as well. This has been going on to long.

JohnRender ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 2:24 PM

Well, ever since the change to the "new look", the pages have been getting slower and slower. But, this is to be expected when all 1,700 to 1,900 people are hitting the same "indexprocess.ez" processing page at the same time (by selecting something in the pull down boxes). Why the PTB decided that the pulldown boxes were "better" than plain, no-wait, HTML links is still a mystery. If I try to access my homepage (by selecting the option in the pull-down box and calling the indexprocess.ez page), it is extremely slow. Sometime I even get a "Timeout error from www.renderosity.com:80. No response from server." Well, since I've been on a cable modem for so long, I had started to wonder what life was like back in the days of 28.8 modems. I just go to Renderosity, click on a page, sit back and wait, and enjoy the experience of waiting for pages to load. Then I go to other sites and return to the 21st century of fast-loading pages. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to merchants who can't check their sales pages... or for their customers who can't get the product pages to load.

sexxx ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 8:10 PM

Man how hard can It be to figure out whats going on ? its your site or your provider LoL if its your site then somethings broke or never worked data base is corupt or it can be as simple as defragging the sever drive (do you have a seperate drive/server for uploads?) did you ever try reducing your html files http://thepluginsite.com/products/htmlshrinker/index.htm if its your provider kick their asses to fix the problem or move anyways things are a little faster only took 35 sec to get the post reply page from email link lmao

sexxx ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 8:24 PM

mike:Vicky did you get your pictures yet? Vicky: don't know yet I fell asleep while opening the gallery lol I'm sorry I'm sure your trying your best to solve this but............ maybe newer software and more than one server is the option needed does trhe forum really need to be run from within the main site? the galery Too? deversify the sites by spreading the visitors those that want pics on one forum on another etc that way everyone has faster access to what the want to see or do (just a sugestion)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.