Mon, Sep 23, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Adding Apophysis to Ultra Factal

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 10:22 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:31 AM

How do you add the Apophysis formulas to UF without getting and error message? I read the tutorial and it still comes up error when I try to open it in UF

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 11:27 PM

Here is something I wrote some time ago that seems helpful. I hope it helps you too. Here is how to get an Apophysis flame from Apophysis to UltraFractal 3. In Apophysis 2, on the Display tab of the Options Menu, be sure the "UltraFractal compatible" box is ticked. Generate the flame in Apophysis and edit it until you are happy with it. On the main window for Apophysis, you will see on the 3rd line icons for a variety of things. The first is an open folder, the second a floppy disk ( open file, save file) and so on. One of the items is 2 sheets of paper, one on top of the other (copy) To pick up the file you just created, simply click on that button. Open UF3. You should have a fractal window open. (usually this will be the default fractal, but any one will be fine.) Right click in the fractal window and choose paste from the popup menu. That's all...your flame will appear! It may take a moment or two, (or way longer, lol) so be patient. If it seems to take a long time, it may be that there are many iterations to calculate, and that is just the way that flames are. Have fun, try to eat and sleep occasionally! Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.