Tue, Oct 22, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hot off the render...a new animation

JKeller ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 1999 at 11:17 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:03 PM

weightless1.jpg Weightless (mpeg) This was created using the Bill Flemming Beast that was poserized by Mazirian. I used textures in the background by DD and FastTraxx. "Rayne", the main character, is a modification I made from Zygote characters. Music is from Think Tank. Everything else was done by me. Take a look at it and see if you can figure out how I did it. If anyone can't read the .mpg, post your prefered format here and I'll try to convert it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. -JKeller

ChrisD ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 1999 at 3:20 PM

Cool idea, I like the fact that you didn't over-do the camera work! One thing that I think could be changed: the whole story point is that the guy gets away from the monster by pushing himself up the tunnel, right? Well, it's not clear enough. You need to draw the audiences attentio to it so firmly that they can't mis it. two ways that you can do that: 1) Intercut a shot of the guy preparing to push (anticipation) with a shot of the monster making a lunge for him, then a two shot of the guy actually pushing off as the monster narrowly misses him. You then need the payoff, you see him disappear into the tunnel and the monster crashes into a wall or falls into an airlock or something. 2) Keep it as one master shot but dolly in closer to the guy as he gets ready to push off so that he is taking up most of the shot; once he shoves off, the monster can fall into the camera. Also, he needs to push much harder; there is no gravity, but inertia is still an issue, it still takes force to get the mass to move. Good luck. Chris

AARoberts ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 1999 at 7:16 AM

What did you render it in. I agree with Chris on the escape. You may just follow him up with the camera. My only problem with the whole thing was it was too short! I want more! Good job, Arthur

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 1999 at 7:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestions...I appreciate those. I've just made some adjustments and added a couple more shots to the scene which are rendering as I type this. I should hopefully be able to post the latest version tomorrow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.