Sat, Sep 21, 6:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: ATTN Darth_Logic: Texture tutorial question...

stimpy ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 6:01 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:38 PM

For the texture tut you graciously wrote for us, you mention "Liquify". Are you using Photoshop or Paint Shop? As far as I can tell, Photoshop (5.5) does not have this feature. What is the effect you are trying to achieve? (Maybe I can figure out a good substitution step in its place for Photoshop users...)

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 1:28 AM

Okay...Liquify is rather like "Kai's Power Goo" What we are doing is "Spherifying" the cheeks so that the pores appear to be on a hillish cheek-like structure rather than on a flat surface. But you know what? ON second thought, why not let uvmapping do the work? It looks lovely on the tex map itself, but in reality, when Poser contorts your map to fit the figure, it will displace the pore-grid itself properly. If you do the liquify step as I mentioned, then it will be done doubly and loss of detail will ensue, which is bad, as you know. So please omit the step and move on. :) -Darth_Logice

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 1:31 AM

Liquify is a very fun new feature of Photoshop 6 beta. Reserve your copy today! (It's really just twirl and sphereize with a couple of pixel contorting tools all in real-time preview window) -Darth_Logice (note the e, pronounced Low-jiss) :D

stimpy ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 8:56 AM

Interesting! I thought that's what you'd say about "liquify"... Hmmm, vesion 6 eh? Sounds very cool. Lastly, apoligies about misspelling your name. I bow my head in shame oh great Lord...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.