Fri, Sep 20, 4:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Hi all, what is the poly count on Vic2 vs. Vic3?

farang ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:03 AM

As I recall when Vic3 came out she had a very high poly count that some people claimed slowed down render times to a crawl.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 8:19 AM

V3 = 74510 polys V2 = 28984 polys

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Simderella ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 12:26 PM

I use V3 almost exclusivly, I don't have a particulaly fany or fast PC and i render large with shadows and high DPI... It doesn't seem to crawl for me.. Its not fast, but not achiningly sloooow either. I'd wait a week for a render rather than use poor ol' V2! lol -SimderZ- xXx

My Gallery

Simderella ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 12:27 PM

arghh.. wishes for an edit button fany = FANCY!!!! grrrrr@self

My Gallery

JohnRender ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:13 AM

Off the the topic slightly: Why are Quake and Unreal players so impressed that their figures have over 5,000 polygons when Vicky 3 has over 74,500? Sure, the game engines render 5,000 polygons immediately, but still... I guess that's why I think the screen prints (or photos) of Quake or Unreal or Everquest always look "flat". And on another topic: is there any software out there (including Lighwave) that can easily pose a human character made up of over 74,500 polygons? Yes, you can import and "bone" the V3 mesh, but that's extremely complex (and tedious) compared to clicking the "+" button in Poser and then posing away. (Before you answer, yes, this is my way of making sure DAZ Studio is mentioned in every message thread.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.