Sun, Oct 6, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Happy Thanksgiving! :)

MadDog31 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 12:27 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 9:18 PM

Hey all, figured I'd drop in and send a Happy Thanksgiving to those that recognize the holiday. :) It's been a while since I was last in here, but it's good to see everyone is doing well and keeping the artwork going strong! I've been working on the magazine site again, due for release in early December. You'll see some of our Bryce counterparts featured in this edition of both the magazine and Online Content! Aside from that, I FINALLY got a job (temporary for now, could turn into full-time) doing Web developing for a living on a Naval base near Wilmington. Hopefully this will be the start I've longed for. I miss doing Bryce though. I got a cool new idea I think I'm gonna do when I get a chance coming up...it kinda goes off of Doublecrash's interior studies. ;) I've been dreaming of my ultimate entertainment room so I'm gonna give the interior thing a shot. Should be interesting. Outside of that, hope everyone has a great holiday season. Stay tuned to the magazine's release coming up and most of all.................HAPPY BRYCING! :) Ian "MadDog31"

woodhurst ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 12:37 PM

its been a while maddog!! good luck with your job, and happy thanksgiving to you too:)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 12:37 PM

Right back at you MadDog31, our thoughts will be with you on this holiday season. Sharen and Mike

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 1:35 PM

file_85702.jpg

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you MD...save some turkey and dressing for the next few days. *grin* This pic was completely done in PI8.

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 2:29 PM

Happy Thanksgiving MadDog! I look forward to your interior work. Seems to me you already did some great interiors in some of your previous stuff;movie theater, bar, swimming pool, etc.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Ignorant question......when is the actual Thanksgiving Day? I want to send greeting to some American friends.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 4:17 PM

Hey Bryster! Thanksgiving holiday will be celebrated on Thursday the 27th here in the States. I hope it will be a day to celebrate for both you and the rest of our international contingent wherever they may be.:-)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 4:54 PM

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Nice to see you around and I hope the job thing works out favorably. I know when you do construction and painting work on military bases that you have to be paid Davis-Bacon wages, but I suppose that does not extend to Web Developing.

JC_01 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 6:08 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope that each and every one of you enjoys your holiday! (well, holiday or not, it's holiday time! grins) Bryster, Thanksgiving for us is always the last thursday of November. Makes it hard and easy to remember at the same time...lol and Ya'all know what this means....christmas is right around the corner! Good luck with your new job MadDog! and congrats! now...on to the celebrating and the Ham!! (would say turkey, but i can't eat turkey...lol) Jen

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 6:35 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Enjoy the warmth and companionship of family and friends. A special thank you on this day of thanks to our friends and relatives in the armed services. You know you're very special to us, we miss you dearly and we wont forget you. MadDog, great job and hope to see your work soon. Happy holiday!

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks, Danamo!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Good to hear things are swinging in the right direction for you Ian. Have a great Holiday!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 1:58 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! PS.. to make pple laff... what international catastrophe would a waiter cause if a he dropped a platter on thanksgiving day? Ans.. the overthrow of Greece, the destruction of China and the downfall of Turkey! :)

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 2:28 AM

Lol, good one!

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:14 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!! Congrats Ian. And does anyone know if I'll get food poisoning if I let the turkey thaw in a bucket of water about a day longer than it needed to? I'm so NOT domestic, lol.

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 9:19 AM

won't the bird taste a wee bit birdy,..and not very good...just guessing..

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 9:53 AM

Ang25, As long as the turkey is still sealed in its plastic wrap, it should be ok. However, I wouldn't let it go any longer. Food poisoning is not what we want for our holiday season.

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 9:57 AM

I called the relatives and they assure me that I shouldn't have a problem with the bird thawing too quickly and going bad. And the water was still quite cold. Enjoy! I'm into the pre-eating, nibbling thing right now.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 10:11 AM

Its only 10:07am here in Arkansas and I'm not even awake much as yet. LOL.. However,I don't need to cook this year as we are going to our Eagles Aerie for dinner and drinks later on. grin. Ahhhh..not to have a dirty kitchen and table to clean after is really a luxury these days. clapping hands

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 10:56 AM
Forum Moderator

Ang: Stick the turkey in the microwave for 12hours at maximum nuke setting...... Jen: Thanks for that. You Americans seem to think more of Thanksgiving than you do Christmas! Very Strange. Still, we do have Guy Fawkes Night!

ringbearer ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 11:00 AM

Well I'm not cooking this year, my husband is cooking the turkey (it's just the two of us this year-first time). So it's just a tad strange without any kids. I'm afraid I'm gonna drive him crazy, I've already told him he had the oven too high and he needed to put it on bake not pre-heat. Guess I made him a little nervous cause then he accidently turned the oven off-LOL! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 11:00 AM

Not really, Jen. We do revere both equally. smile

JC_01 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:39 PM

Thanksgiving is like the start of the holiday season. Althought it seems the stores put out the christmas stuff earlier and earlier every year..They were putting it out on halloween night this year. I personally feel that yes, Thanksgiving should be just as important as Christmas is...And we should not start celebrating Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving.... I mean it seems sometimes, people forget what Thanksgiving really is for. Yes it's turkey day, but it's soooooooo much more. My daughter learned all about the Mayflower last week, and the pilgrims. She actually told me some things I never knew. Like did you know (child facts of course because they taught them in school) That there were about 30 kids on the Mayflower...and when the adults got too sick on the long voyage, the kids actually took care of them till they got better... This was NOT an easy voyage by any means... The barrels of drinking water went bad on th eway over...and everyone aboard, including kids, had nothing to drink except beer. Thanksgiving was intended as a day to give thanks for arriving safely to their destination, without too many losses, and for a good year of crops so that they could survive once they got there. The first Thanksgiving feast lasted 3 whole days and had more deermeat than turkey served. It's not just about getting together for a meal..it's about being thankfull for all the blessing we have, and will have, and have had. So yes, in my eyes, it should be just as important as Christmas... Jen and Christina (age 6) who helped me write this tonight

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 11:53 PM

Indeed! Thanks Jen and Christina for that wonderful insight into the dangerous voyage the pilgrams undertook. I'm thankful they made it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.