Sat, Sep 21, 4:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Mimic 1 vs Mimic 2 issues

Oarman ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 5:38 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:24 PM

I'm having a problem get a custom poser model that work fine using Mimic 1 but goes nuts when I try using Mimic 2 Pro. If I don't change the expression value in Mimic 2 it mostly works but If I try and increase Head Bend, Twist, Side-Side his head will bend 90+ degrees etc. I tried a test using Mimic 1 and Mimic 2 using the same eval.wav and when I look over the output .pz3 file I see that Mimic 1 is still using "head bend", "..twist","...Side-side" morphs but Mimic 2 seems to be using "rotatex rotx","...roty","...rotz". I dont understand how Mimic is working. I have models whos head bend,twist,side-side movements work fine but dont have those morphs How does Poser/mimic work when those models? Any ideas anyone? Is there some good info on creating new Poser models to work with Mimic 2? Thanks all OR>

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 3:37 AM

I think that all figures have rotatex rotx roty and rotz in them even if they don`t appear as dials.

Oarman ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 6:42 AM

That would explain why models without Head Bend,side-side, ot twist still work with Mimic 2. I guess what I'm looking for is more infomation on what it takes to make a Mimic ready model. I've seen the older info on Mimic 1 but very little on Mimic 2. My main problem it the wild bends,side-side,twist I get when I use Mimic 2 with some models (this same model works fine with Mimic 1). Thanks

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 1:36 AM

You don`t actually have to make a certain figure work with mimic 2 the pose data that it makes should work with most figures. Why not make the talking in mimic and then move the neck and so on in poser?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.