Sun, Sep 22, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: OpenGL! YEEEHAAAWWW!

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 8:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:43 AM

Aaaat Laaaaaaaast! Now I can finally put this GL card to work in a big way! They'reexpecting a mid-Dec. release, right?

Spike ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 8:13 PM

The OpenGL rocked back when they showed it to us at Siggraph so It can only be better by now..

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

BazC ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 2:46 AM

"They'reexpecting a mid-Dec. release, right?" I wouldn't bank on it, when Daz announced the delay in the release for PC members they said the release of the beta to the general public should be "in a few weeks" I'm guessing sometime in January! - Baz

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:20 PM

From my experience with V3 and M3 figures imported into C4D (using OpenGL on a 256MB GeForce FX 5900), it will go very smooooothly! ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:07 AM

Most definitely! ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

norm1153 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:04 PM

Well, it may turn out that there's going to be more value in OpenGL than we think now! I wonder about Daz Studio and Vue d'esprit. Especially Vue4 Professional, which uses OpenGl to some extent. Does anyone have any ideas on whether VuePro might be able to do a Daz Import in the same manner as these "pro" programs do? That was something I have not considered. I'll go ask for opinions over in the Vue forum as well, since this may be a big plus! Thanks, Norm

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.