Sat, Sep 21, 2:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Barrel distortion

azy ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:06 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:52 AM

file_87439.jpg

Having bought a Canon 300D I needed a lens that would give me the equivalent to 28mm on a normal 35mm SLR, so I got a Sigma 15mm EX Fisheye lens. The problem is the distortion though not as bad as it would be on a normal SLR, its still very noticeable. Do you think I have done enough in PhotoShop to correct this problem?

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

Randys ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:30 PM

Did you use the Camera Raw feature in Photoshop for the correction? It looks good.

azy ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/

No I used a plugin called Panorama Tools (which is free to download see link), how do you use the Camera Raw feature in Photoshop for correction

Randys ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:49 PM

file_87440.jpg

It's new feature in PS8 or a 99.00 plugin for 7 but it will import camera raw files and allows you to change settings one of them is lens. I have never used this function and it my not correct this type of distortion. I have captured the tool and will post the image. After looking at it I think it corrects light and color distortion rather that optical.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 1:49 PM

Looks fantastic to me Azy..... Big difference in the before and after!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

azy ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 2:26 PM

@ randys I tried the Vignetting Amount in PS CS and it made the corners lighter @ Michelle thanks for your commet, time to make a barrel distortion correction action in PS

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 2:51 PM

That first one is distortion? We have buildings here that actually LOOK like that..... (",)

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 2:52 PM

btw, Azy fandazy, where is that? (",)

Misha883 ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 7:44 PM

Think it looks normal from a fishy point of view. Will have to get cynlee's and nemo's opinion... Great job straightening things out. Tutorial?

Nilla ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 7:49 PM

Isn't that what a fisheye lens is supposed to do? I like the distorted version! But you did well straightening it! :)

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:30 PM

bloop, bloop, bloop... the fisheye looks tasty but the correction looks a-ok fins up just keep the scum to a minimum... tanks :]

azy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 7:23 AM

@ JordyArt LOL Look for Shrewsbury, middle of nowhere stuck in medieval times with a 60/70s twist, Shropshire, England @ Misha883 I used a free plug-in and just had to try different numbers depending if the photo is taken vertical or horizontal I'm not sure it warrants a Tutorial, though it might make a small one.

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 9:01 AM

Cheers Aze. I know Shrewsbury. Full of charvas. Cheers bud! (",)

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 9:05 AM

Thanks Azy. Maybe a link to the plugin?

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 9:45 AM

Misha....post #3 in this thread....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

azy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 2:19 PM

Charva "char-va" charva's, or charvs, are a race of lower class, pathetic lifeforms who for some reason think they are better than everyone else. they especially show dislike towards goths, punks, skaters, grungies, people with cameras ect (they group them together as 'hippies'). They wear ugly burbury caps that hang off the back of thier heads, stripey jumpers, a pair of stupidly priced boots with tracksuit bottoms? they also wear too many rings, sometimes with a matching kinder egg chain. This plague of 'people' roam the streets of shrewsbury waiting for someone to hastle, either for a tab or to buy them some 'sweaty' (a alcoholic drink that tastes like sweat, but for some reason they can't get enough of it.) They also have a distinct liking for 'tac'(cannabis) and 'cowies' (ecstasy). Hopefully they will DIE out soon, the world was a much better place before you had annoying pieces of scum on every street conrer. A charva would let his or her family go without food for weeks so they could get a new coat. Spot on Jordy

enax ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:39 AM

You did an excellent job.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.