Tue, Oct 22, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Apologized to lady Cherry yet?*

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:58 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:26 AM

Or at least looked at her offered stats? Otherwise this still looks very bad, Asher, what with Slandering her, suggesting she faked her web-ring stats.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Darkginger ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:14 PM

Well, I'd like to know the answer to your questions too. I'm a little worried that posting to this thread might get me the rep of being a troublemaker here - which is why it's taken me a while to respond. On the whole, I like R'osity, and I don't want to make waves - but I hate the way this topic has just been abandoned with no transparent resolution. Asher - if you're not going to respond any further, could you at least say so, so we know where we stand? Equally, Lady Cherry - if this has advanced any further (and after all, it was you who brought it to our attention) - would you mind updating us? I just dislike the way it's been left - as though we'll all forget about it if no-one tells us any more. If you've resolved it between yourselves, it would be nice to know! Thanks in advance!

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:39 PM

I would like to know as well as I think many manymany of us would

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:41 PM

It would be nice indeed. But I think they're just trying to sweep this under the rug as usual.

Renderosity Gallery

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:09 AM

The people here really are trying to do their best. I've been there behind the scenes and I know they try hard to do the right thing. But if you don't have the training and the tools. All the good intentions in the world won't keep you from making a mistake. The folks who work here are not trained business people. They are training themselves as they go. So although they are nice people. They are going to goof up here and there. That's the only excuse I can offer to the members. It's the reason I just shake my head and let it go. But it IS a little frustrating to watch.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:23 AM

Making mistakes is one thing. Refusing to apologize is entirely another. Responsible adults and definitely responsible administrators offer an apology when they make a mistake. The only thing I can determine from this is that Asher thinks he was 100% in the right and that Lady Cherry DID forge her stats somehow or other. Either that or Asher's the kind of guy who wouldn't apologize even if he shot God in the foot. Whichever, it's a sorry state of events. Stuff like this is part of the reason so many people in the winder Poser community have unpleasant things to say about the way Renderosity is managed. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

CyberStretch ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:37 AM

Training is the responsibility of the management, as is the lack thereof. Therefore, it would behoove R'osity to rethink their "OJT" if it is failing them in other sensitive areas, such as PR.

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:12 AM

Asher seems to have either washed his hands of the matter, or has been told to ignore it by those above him. Either way I believe there should be a statement from the Renderosity management supporting Asher's accusations, or making an apology for them. At the moment the feeling I'm getting is that they are embarassed by what's happened and are misguidedly trying to "save face" by hoping we all eventually forget what happened and go back to being happy little campers, until the next time.
If it was a cockup then admit it Renderosity, if you truly believe the accusations then prove them, to the satisfaction of your concerned members. In theory the voices raised in this post and others like it should count for something.
Unfounded accusations and suppositions are one thing, facts are another, and facts are sorely lacking here. In a sound management structure the buck needs to stop somewhere other than in somebody's wallet.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 10:21 AM

There are many things I like about Renderosity. The lack of accountability when someone screws up is NOT one of them. Certainly the webring is a very small thing, but this incident seems to be an indication of the attitude of much of the administration here. They put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" over and over and eventually the "trouble makers" shut up and go away. Yes, this kind of stuff DOES damage Renderosity's reputation in the wider Poser community. I'm not that much of a rabble rouser, but I tend to speak up when I see something I feel is wrong, and this kind of "ignore them and they'll go away" attitude is unhelpful for Renderosity and it's NOT a good way to go about running a business or a community. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

slinger ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 2:04 PM

Of course, the downside of bending over to bury your head in the sand is the face you present to the public.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Caly ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 2:14 PM

lol!!!

Renderosity Gallery

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 4:01 PM

omg LOL you mean the one with the virtacle smile???

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.