Tue, Oct 22, 12:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: military jacket cira 1812

lakota ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 5:14 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:50 PM

file_132067.jpg

a short tailed military jacket cira 1812 This is a work in progress to develop a British, Canadian, and / or American military uniform for the War of 1812, the Napoleonic era or Federalist period. The Niagara parkway is a nice place for military action this time of year, so unspoiled on the west. Those Canadias just don't know how to mess up a good thing. But this campaign, like in the past, Winfield Scott and Sir Isaac Brock must wait on the Quatermaster and he is using RDS 5.5, so it will take awhile. The Jacket still needs work: A small problem in the back above the buttons where the hip and ab meet The epaulettes are to low on the shoulder/collar, may be needed to confined just to the chest The collar could be taller A head may be needed to keep the tall collar on target with the figures head Hands are needed to keep in track with the figures hand movement Trim should be added to the folded back coat tails Buttons should be added to hold the coat tails back Some inside sleeve work (reversed poly norns) is in order Coments welcomed It is a start The Shako (or hat) will be next then the american leather neck The cross belts to hold the bayonet and cartridge box and modifing Zygote's Mariner Pants.

firebreed ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 5:40 PM

Looks wonderful. Almost like the real thing! :) ~firebreed www.firebreed.com

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 5:51 PM

I know the work involved here. I salute you. PhilC

RKane_1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 6:37 PM

EGADS! ZOUNDS! FORSOOTH! And all that jazz... That is awesome. Have you ever thought of doing Colonial period clothing and 17th and 18th century clothing? You are quite good and I have been looking smile

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 8:58 PM

Wow! How about an unbutton morph for it too? (pushing my luck) Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 10:40 PM

WOW, this looks really good, thats really something different. SHARKEY

verg ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 2:27 AM

Absolutely outstanding! The coatee looks great! I also second the nomination for other period clothing (18th century especially) Are you going to try and model the Brown Bess? Charleville? Again, great job . . . I can not wait to see the finished product.

lakota ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 9:28 AM

Thank you all for your comments. As to creating other earler period clothing, that is not in the plan at the moment. Right now I need to work on the men and equipment to invade Canada, the new republic's attempt at a land grab at the dawn of that new century. It's all for a story line set for this period on the Great Lakes. My Privateer (not yet finished) and her crew need this conflict and those folks to set up a series of adventures or misadventures. Some of the weapons will have to be made. But a pike is a spear and a brown bess is a flintlock and those are already available. I do have to make the bayonet and some other stuff. As to an unbuttoned top, this is still possible, but it's work and a maze of polygons. My Privateer is held up at this stage. It's also very easy to get lost. It would adds a lot to the size of the file, right now at 616k for the obj and 116k for the cr2 (mac). The waistcoat of the Privateer is 1.7m. I would hate to get it that big. Plus RDS just loves to crash and I'm lucky to get any thing out of it. But, I will give it thought. It would make the item more versatile. Lakota

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.