Fri, Sep 20, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Male Hairy Chest?

Storm2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 5:17 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:14 PM

What is the best way to get a realistic looking hairy chest? Are there any props? I haven't been able to find an image with good enough res to produce a texture. Anyone?

RKane_1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 7:03 PM

I know this is a weird, memory intensive way of doing this, but....long inhale Method 1 -------- 1. Finish applying all the morphs to your base character 2. Add the P4male bodysuit and apply the same morphs (you should be able to move it over with Morph Manager or CR2Editor and if you also want to take bodyparts off that you don't want, that is fine. but I wuldn't unless you knew how for sure.) 3. Make the bodysuit scale SLIGHTLY bigger than your form (like 101% to about 103% max)and conform to figure (you may need to modify the Z or Y trans to get it to fit right). 4. Now, make a bump and trans map for the body suit that is in grey like you would do for Kozaburo's Hair Tutorial (see the sidebar for more on that) Remember body hair is usually curly and follows the contours of the body going down. The texturemap you can skip and modify the color in the Materials Editor. You definately want to get photo-reference for this. 5. Apply the map and you should have the figure coated in hair. P.S.: You can do this same method with a copy of your figure with the same morphs if you want to add a multiple texture layers like shaders in Carrarra. Method 2 --------- 1. Finish applying all the morphs to your base character 2. Add the P4male bodysuit and apply the same morphs (you should be able to move it over with Morph Manager or CR2Editor and if you also want to take bodyparts off that you don't want, that is fine. but I wuldn't unless you knew how for sure.) 3. Click on your Bdysuit and conform to figure. 4. Now, make a bump and trans map for the body suit that is in grey like you would do for Kozaburo's Hair Tutorial (see the sidebar for more on that) Remember body hair is usually curly and follows the contours of the body going down. The texturemap you can skip and modify the color in the Materials Editor. You definately want to get photo-reference for this. 5. Apply the map and you should have the figure coated in hair. P.S.: You can do this same method with a copy of your figure with the same morphs if you want to add a multiple texture layers like shaders in Carrarra. Succeeding bump maps for outer layers need to have the bump map colored progressively lighter so that they seem farther off the skin. Hope this helps. I have been able to get up to three layers on a Poser figure in this manner. Good luck.

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 8:07 PM

Heh heh. You forgot... Method 3. --------- 1. Load Male figure 2. Select CHEST or click on chest. 3. Type hair 4. Play with the dials :) that appear.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Storm2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 8:17 PM

the first 2 methods are going to be a challange for me but hopefully I'll get it without much hassle. The 3rd method I am not sure about. Type hair where?

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 8:38 PM

The only problem with the "type hair" method is that you can't render it. It disappears in the render. I tried to save it as a prop, but it only brings in the original object without the hair. Storm, you select a part, like the chest, then just type the word hair (there's no dialog box to type in, just type it in thin air). A dialog box pops up with sliders that you can adjust to make hair appear on the selected object. Apparently, it was an unfinished feature that never made it. Melanie

Storm2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 8:50 PM

Thank you Melanie for answering that. I was having a heck of a time looking for a place to type hair in. Maybe this will make it in to the next version of Poser. Thanks also to dlfurman and RKane 1 for your help. Storm

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 9:05 PM

What bodysuit?

LeeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 9:09 PM

I've put up a rather loose tutorial on how I use Photoshop to do post-render work on my Poser images. One of the things I do is enhance Anton's P4 male texture to give more definition to the chest hair. Perhaps it will give you a starting point to build on. Here's the url: homepage.mac.com/leemoon/ just select the "Quick Guide" link and you'll be taken through about 17 pages of (very basic) instructions. Lee

RKane_1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 9:28 PM

THE male bodysuit.... was in freestuff but doesn't appear to be there no more. sigh The body suit for the P4male. The one that is basically the P4 male without head, hands and feet so it takes all morphs. If you never DL'ed when it was available, just use another figure and make his head, hands and feet invisible

Arendar ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 10:12 PM

Hi Richard, would really like to see a render of your "3 layers on a Poser figure"... ;-D

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 10:38 PM

The only way I've found to create realistic body hair is to add it directly to the nude figure's texture map. Naturally make a COPY of the TM before you proceed. Open the texture map in Photoshop (or any image editing app you've got) and use the "burn" tool and a fine brush. (If your non-Photoshop app doesn't have a burn-like tool, use a paint bush. The results are amazing. Trial and error will help you through any wrap around effect. The great advantage to this method is that you get to select, via the materials editor, whether or not your figure will render with hair. It's a bit labor intensive, but worth the effort and so much better than any other needlessly complicated method I've tried.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.