Sun, Sep 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Honesty with tact.. always welcome

Shiollie ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 8:02 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:46 AM

file_87635.jpg

I just got the full version of Vue, and have been trying to play for 2 days.. finally got this done.. I know I have alot to learn.. teach me.... Shiollie

Robot17 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:51 PM

Way to go. Nice to be able to get nice results after a couple days and a lot of fun huh? This is a nice effort for first time out of the box. Make sure you go to the backroom for tips and tuts and such. Bot

richardnovak77 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:52 PM

here you go: 1)the pic is very pale, like the haze is turned way too high. show off some textures by taking away so much haze. 2)the textures on the cliff are a bit repetitive. 3)that's either one big ass cat or two tiny dinos! :) 4)what's that dark triangle on the edge under the dino (above the "2 days" in the message?) 5)looks peaceful. i dig it. 6)i like the water. 7)try this as a widescreen render, like 16:9. i think that'll make it a bit more interesting. i'm no pro... i don't even have a gallery here. but i know what i like, and what i don't like. and this ain't bad. ren

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 1:52 AM

Thank you Bot and Ren!! Ren, you're right, the cliffs are repetitive I am still looking for the"edit current terrian in terrian editor"button,the big cat I was trying for a bit of perspective.. back to the board on that one:), I have no idea what that triangle is.. didnt even see it untill I posted the scene :( Thanks for looking and the feedback. Shiollie

Polax ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:48 AM

.. It is not the terrain you need to edit if you want to modify its texture, it is the material of your terrain... right click in mat preview and edit... for the triangle ? ..maybe two objects not joining... did you use boxes or terrains with water mat ?

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:47 AM

Looks at your pic..out of the box...goes back to search my box for those dinosaurs and cat..muttering..I got jipped somewhere! Winks

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 11:06 AM

Hi Polax and Ciorstaidh, Thanks for looking!! The water is actually a regular water plane.. I just positioned the terrians to make it look as tho it were curving. The triange i had to go to the manual for.. and it said that it may because of too low of a resolution, I will work on that. Ciors.. I am wayyyyyy behind you!!!(but will attempt to catch up:-) ) I think I will go back and rework for awhile. Thank you again, Shiollie

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:44 PM

Well, I have to agree with ren. Just about all of what he said. Can't offer any tips on how to make the cliffs look varied, though (like to learn that myself). But the cliffs look perfect for such a scene (good job!). I can't add much (as I'm not much of an artist) so I'll add what I think the image should look like if I were doing it...which may not agree with you at all. The colors look too cold (blue and purplish) for me. For some reason, I think it needs warmer colors. More in line with vegetation sort of thing. A bit more green with a tiny bit of yellow. Tint only. You could adjust that in post and see easily how it looks, I think. Also, looking at this image, I think I'd like to see the foreground clear with mist or fog in the distance. Guess I've been to too many Jurassic Park movies....LOL. Something bothers me about what is below the trunk of the tree on the left (for some unexplainable reason). Also, not sure of the accuracy of what looks like to be a leopard with dinos...but I'm going to chalk that up to it being a sabertooth tiger...hehe. But, I think it's a wonderful image! Seriously! I wish I could do stuff like that. Keep us posted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.