Sun, Oct 6, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue 4 Pro crashing when saving

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 3:55 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 3:50 AM

I have updated my V4P with the latest service patch but still get intermittant crashing when saving. And when it crashes in this way the file gets corrupted and wont reload which means I have to save twice each time just in case it screws up and wrecks the file. I upgraded my P4 300mz machine to 2GB of ram but it made no difference. My graphics card is a Gforce FX5900 128mb. Any ideas? - please :) Thanks for viewing. Tony

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 3:59 PM

How big is the scene in MB and how many polygones do you have in it please?

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:00 PM

And: do you have the latest update build 267138?

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:03 PM

563,341 polygons 46.3MB My build is 266001 which acording to my Vue updater is the latest patch. Thanks tony

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:08 PM

No, it is not the latest patch, it is even an old one. Please update at e-onsoftware for 267135 (not 38, was an error)

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:11 PM

Thanks - I have just gone file 'check for Update' and it says my version is the latest one? - guess I'd better not trust that any more :) Thanks for the time - much appreciated. Tony

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:27 PM

If ever you keep to have crash problems with the new update, please zip your scene with all the maps and I will transmit it for a test at e-on. thanks:-) Guitta

bogwoppet ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 2:22 AM

Cheers Guitta - much appreciated :) Tony

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 3:07 AM

I get this if I hit my taskbar while saving. I have my taskbar auto hide and if it pops up during a save in vue it will crash... though I haven't had it corrupt a file yet. The screen goes white file is gone, and i reload. It's just annoying.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 3:42 AM

While Vue is saving, just wait and don't do anything:-). Easy, no? Guitta

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 7:43 PM

Yes, Guitta, that's obvious... but it would be nice if wouldn't crash at all.

rds ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 9:47 PM

Ms Outlaw you deserve better than that especially if you put out the money for the Pro version. If this is a repeatable problem then it needs to be addressed and solved. I can tell you for sure that e-on is very committed to these updates and solving every problem that may arise. Renderosity is a good place to get some information however sometimes better results may come from Steve at e-on I know he would love to help solve this problem for you especially if it keeps happening. Regards.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.