Fri, Sep 20, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser5 Dynamic Hair _ A report to randym77, and stewer

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 8:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:26 AM

file_88579.jpg

I was playing with Poser5 Dynamic hair taking into account your suggestions. These are what I got. This is Vicky3 with Poser5 dynamic hair in the hair folder (Fig.1_Dynamic Hair1).I modified it, and applied a material.FireFly rendering with 8 Pixels sampling, and gaussian filter (as was suggested by stewer). No post works.

The some boundary problems between her head and the hair is probably produced because I used Poser 5 hair on Victoria, and did not adjust it carefully.

The second picture is FireFly rendering with a different lighting (Fig.2_Dynamic Hair2).

For comparison, the third picture is Poser5 hair applied on Judy (Fig.3_Dynamic Hair3).Default values. I did not adjust anything. FireFly rendering.The default hair is somewhat wiry.

It seems to me that the material is an important factor.

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 8:53 PM

file_88580.jpg

Fig.2

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 8:54 PM

file_88581.jpg

Fig.3

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 1:50 AM

That's very nice. I must confess that I kinda gave up on the material room quite quickly - the hair always looked just like wire! But this is really good, perhaps I should go and play.....

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:03 AM

Looking good! You did a really good job at lighting and adjusting the hairstyle to V3. It looks muuuuch better than the Judy picture at the bottom. Is it only the image compression or are there still some slight jaggies? Make sure that the gauss filter runs at 2 pixels size or more to get proper antialiasing.

Treewarden ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 7:21 AM

Wow! Thats a lot better whatever you did to get the first two! Can you post your material setting possibly? I want exactly that look for a picture I'm working on, and hair takes too long to render for me to try too many things. Did you adjust the values in the hair shader and tweak the render settings? Or is there something more? I think you have done a great job with this!

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 9:26 AM

Attached Link: all about hair (and some cute cat pics!)

Very nice! I like the first image, especially the top part of the hair. What material did you apply? I don't know if it's the material, the render settings, or the lighting, but it looks a lot better!

For those who missed it, Stew posted some great tips on rendering dynamic hair. See the Koz vs. DAZ thread (in the link). Scroll down to near the bottom.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 10:09 AM

Hmmm I figured out long ago that the hair node was useless. I just used regular shaders for much better results. Now if they could fix collision detection

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 12:37 PM

Thank you for your responses.
Dynamic hair seems pretty nice.

We can turn off the cast shadow, and use poser 4 renderer when we do rough test rendering. If we turn off the cast shadow, the rendering is much faster. Without shadow the hair is shiny, so we need shadow for the final product.

It seems to me the material is important, and also lighting has an important role. And the rendering setting.

I used Muted Brown of RDNA hair material. I think you can still get it from RDNA for free. I can also give the material parameters. It is easier to make a screen shot of the material room since I cant describe the color accurately. Does anyone know where I can get a good free screen shot program?

I think we can improve the hair by playing the parameters. I still dont know well about the material room. It is nice if someone who knows the material room will develop good hair materials for Dynamic hair.

The material room seems very nice, but I need a good tutorial or a booklet for the Poser5 material room.

If we can create soft animal furs with Poser5, it is great. Poser hair cant be this good, but ---------.
Please see the following link?
1st, and 2nd pictures show nice animal fur. 3rd picture shows nice human hair.
Sasquatch
http://www.worley.com/sasquatch/gallery.html#

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 4:21 PM

Can't you just hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard? That should copy an exact image of your screen into your Windows clipboard. Then you can open a new document in Photoshop (or any graphics program), and paste it in. After that, it's like any other image.

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 8:44 PM

file_88582.jpg

This is hair material I used.

Thank you randym77.
After switching to Window, I havent made any screen shot.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 7:43 AM

In case you haven't seen them, RDNA has a few good-looking P5 haircuts: (some links contain nudity!) http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MM%2D016&TopElement=0 http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MW%2D033&TopElement=0 http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MW%2D035&TopElement=0 http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MW%2D027&TopElement=0 http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MM%2D018&TopElement=0 I like esp the first one (Angelus).

Himico ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 9:54 AM

Thank you stewer, I haven't seen them. They are very nice.The first one is really nice indicating that Poser5 Dynamic hair is great.
I also like dynamic cloth of Poser5.

I was really impressed.
Poser5 is great.
Nice dynamic cloth room, nice dynamic hair, nice material room, ----------.

Himico.

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 5:20 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.