Tue, Oct 1, 9:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: unwanted guide outlines, help please

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 4:55 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:27 PM

I'm animating V3, Poser 4 PP Win in Cartoon w/lines mode. If, for instance, I have the translate/pull tool selected, and 'head' is the body part chosen, when I reach for the scrubber to move the frame around, a red or white line/outline of the bones or interior of Vicki's head appears, obscuring her head features. This might be some sort of guide, or target, or ????? I don't know what the TOS it is, but I want to get rid of it. What is it, is it good for anything, and how do I turn it off? This unwanted line/guide does NOT appear if I have the paintbucket selected, but I don't want to change tools everytime I go from dial to scrubber, etc. I looked in my manual and tried searching this forum first before asking. ::::: Opera :::::

sirkrite ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 5:19 PM

The white outline means your cursor is in position to select it and the red outline means it is selected. There is no way to get rid of it other then moving you cursor off the view window.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 5:44 PM

file_88921.jpg

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

sirkrite ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:14 PM

Hmmm! I was wrong, you can get rid of the red. But you still have the white.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:30 PM

Yup, ... ... that's how Poser shows you when you're on the selected prop or element. It will not appear unless the cursor is on top of the selection. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:51 PM

Unchecking 'figure circle' helps a little (thank you geep) but does not solve the problem. Yes, with it unchecked you don't get the red if the curor is on the 'document window' (but you do still get the white business.) Note: My gripe is that the red kicks in when I grab the animation slide/scrubber and move it. [The red appears no matter if "figure circle" is toggled on or off.] This is truly annoying, since the purpose of moving the scrubber is to see the transition of body parts, and the red scourge blots it out. Then only solution I see is: select the paint bucket. For some reason, the red AND white disappear when the paintbucket is chosen. But having to choose the bucket each time is a real drag. Also, I invariably click on something with the TOS bucket and change the color of the background or Vickie's TOS or something. [Note, you can also click on some other part of the scene to 'deselect' the body part you are focusing on and make the red go somewhere else, but invariably you have to reslect a second later, a drag.] Anyone know how to turn off this thing? ::::: Opera :::::

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 8:30 PM

This works for Poser 4, and perhaps other versions. In .RuntimePREFS open the Poser.ini file, and change the line "HILITE_BODY_PART 1" to "HILITE_BODY_PART 0".

Viomar ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 11:08 PM

Ah! The "eccentricities" of Poser. They are annoying, Yes! But, they are part of poser's heritage. :-O Careful, with changing that line in the poser.ini... Yes, it will remove that "Darn Annoying" Highlite everytime you move over a bodypart... But, you will also not know when you're selecting them either. At least not "Visually". I myself made a compromise by working mostly in Carton/w lines mode. It speeds the refresh a bit & doesn't slow down as much when the "highlite" appears(Specially with Hair props. After having a peek at the code of Poser, i'm amazed it works at all...(programmer humour & i'm intoxicated. Hick!) Marco

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:27 AM

Uh-oh, a solution that involves altering the genes of the beast. Just my kinda thing, risky but straight to the problem. Will try and report back, thanks lesbentley. I don't do much selecting by clicking on the document window. Poser thinks too much and has you selecting some body part on the other side of the figure, or next door, etc. I have settled into resignation of picking body parts from the popup list. Also, I work with the graph a lot, and get there by double-clicking on the name of the morph above a dial. So, I have not been relying on the red/white business to tell me if I have been successful in selecting. ::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:40 AM

SUCCESS! No more red or white squigglies! Gratitude, lesbentley. Man, this is a valuable forum. Just a note to anyone reading this thread in the future: ALWAYS make a copy of core files, such as Poser.ini before altering. Also: you can allways switch the red/white selection cue back on any time you want, just by reversing the process given here. ::::: Opera :::::

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=981698

Some more discussion of .ini tampering in the thread linked above.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.