Tue, Oct 8, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Do I want to save my tweaked figure as a .CR2? And how?

pazu ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 11:29 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 12:20 PM

I've been hacking away at a stock wireframe with magnets, scaling, new textures, etc. I finally got it where I want it. How can save this edited figure so I can reload it in its edited state, more or less like most commercial figures? I think I want to create a new .cr2 file, but darned if I know how to do it. Am I on the right track? Any good suggestions or tutorials out there? I'm running Poser 5.

Thanks!

lhiannan ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 11:50 PM

file_89089.jpg

I only have P4, but it should be the same in P5... You want to be in your Figures library and whichever folder you want to save the CR2 into... Click the + button to Add the figure, name it, select Single Figure. You should now see it in your library column.

pazu ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 12:59 AM

Thanks lhiannan for answering my newby question. I was looking in all the wrong places, as usual. BTW, Nice Kitty!

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 8:32 AM

I just learned this on a thread a few down after many years... select File>Memorize>Figure before you save the .cr2 of the charecter then when you chose Restore>All or Restore>Figure or Restore>Element it will not go back to the original before you made your tweaks.

pazu ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Momodot, that's a great tip!

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 6:40 PM

file_89090.jpg

lhiannan, I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but do you LIKE only seeing 3 thumbs at a time in the libraries? You do know you can drag the top and bottom to the edges of the screen? mac

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 8:14 PM

Yah, I know... But when I open Poser for a couple seconds just to do a screencap, I don't mess with anything :D

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 2:26 PM

Ah... I see. But my UI stays the way it was when I closed it. Doesn't yours? mac

lhiannan ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:17 PM

Nope. It used to. I think it has something to do with me dropping it to different HD's over the past couple years without doing an actual reinstall. A file or three may have got lost, but it doesn't bother me much.

lhiannan ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:18 PM

I just realized something... my moved "DocStyle" and "Tools" DOES stay, but nothing else does. How odd :D

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 6:10 PM

Are you using Edit/General Preferences > 'Launch to preferred state' and 'Use previous state'? mac

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 9:29 AM

Yes. Like I said, everything used to stay when Poser was fresh and new... Like all things, it wilts after a while I suppose. It's been more than two years since I installed this thing and it is now 4 hard drives later. :D Hmm, maybe I should do a reinstall... Lhiannan

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 2:40 PM

lhiannan, Here's one thing you might like for future use. Swamp posted a tip which he calls 'Quick Fix'. After he installs poser, he makes 'clean' copies of the files in the main poser folder - the .exe, .rsr, etc (not the readme files) and stores the copies in a QFix folder. When his poser acts funny, he simply uses the copies to over-write the originals and poser goes back to work again. One other thing I learned is to make the main Poser.rsr a read-only file. Whenever poser crashes, it can easily corrupt that file. If it's read-only, crashes can't affect it. Oh, and any temp files that poser makes after a crash should immediately be deleted too. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.