Wed, Sep 25, 3:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: V3 my vote for biggest disappointment of 2003.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 1:20 AM

I wouldn't say V3 is a big disappointment. I've seen some seriously good looking V3's out there. I do feel your pain and your frustration. V3 is very versatile if you have the patience to treak her. She'a a bit heavy for most machines, especially when you are using P5. I think the problem is more with P5 rather than V3. I've render V3 pretty succesfully with P4 Propack. She doesn't really look that bad, even if you are just spinning the injected dials. It beats creating magnets. As for posette, I still use her from time to time, for multiple characters scene. I guess with a little elbow grease and patience, anyone can make a beauty queen out of V3. JV :o)

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

dontbotherme ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 6:04 AM

I'm glad I read this thread before spending the money for Vicki. Besides being "fat" she's a bully, too ;-)

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 7:12 AM

I don't mind any of the V's. Or the M's. Or the P's, or the S's. Some are good for one thing, others are good for another. The thing that annoyed me about V3 amd M3 are the inj / rem poses, the fact that they were seperate from the model and the way they clutter stuff up. Considering that Daz kind of doesn't really support P5, and the fact that P4 has a what - 256 folders? - limitation of mat poses etc... Way to clutter that up. And yup, I did exactly the same thing. Loaded up V3, loaded the dials, then saved her as V3 All Inj. That's the one I load. Now I'll probably go and consolidate those ! folders some time. Yeah... hmm... been saying that for ages now lol.

Silke

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 7:26 AM

I think V3 is a pretty good figure - there is a lot of flexability in the dial system. I can't say that the Injection stuff bothered me any - I loaded her up when I got her, Injected all the morphs and saved her that way. I really never bother using a version other than that one. Biggest dissapointment of 2003? Spending so long listenting to people STILL complain about Poser5. Then again, I am one of those who it seems to work for :)

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 10:35 AM

You can move the folders in the Pose section.. I have move then like this... I went into C:Curious Labs/Poser 5/runtime/library/Pose I made a folder and named it !V3 Morph Folder and i moved all the ING and REM folders into there.. and so I did the same with M3.. its not too hard to figure out and im no rocket scientist. Pose: !V3 Morphs Folder !M3 Morphs Folder and it will be always on top unless there a !(any letter before M or V) lol

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 12:22 PM

All those pose folders are even less fun with P4 where one runtime is all you have. I'm beginning to see merchants creating folders beginning !! to get higher up than the Daz ones. This has to stop.

DigitalVixxen ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 4:13 PM

M3... big dissapointment. Waited forever.. finally released.. didn't even bother to purchase him.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:10 PM

The disappointment with M3 was that the head pack cost as much as the one for V3 but had less morphs. I won't say M3 was a big disappointment overall if you are willing to make different types of characters than with M2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.