Mon, Sep 23, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: Requests for Critiques being accepted

TigerShark ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:25 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 8:28 AM

Greetings all, I am now accepting new requests for critiques. As some of you may recall I am a professional graphic designer and critic from NYC. I do not critique for technical issues, just aesthetics. I will view your gallery and post comments on 3 images, and send you a private email with my opinion of your strengths and weaknesses as an artist. I have been asked not to critique without being invited, so ... if you want an honest professional opinion, by all means ask me. Please IM me here if you are interested. TigerShark

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:55 AM

Thank you for your time, I would ask you about mine, but you are a little intimidating for a less then amateur like myself. But that is very generous giving your time like that that, I am sure many will take you up on it. Happy Holidays. Sharen

TigerShark ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 12:41 PM

Anyone can ask for a critique, doesn't bother me. No matter their level of expertise any artist can benefit from a serious and honest appraisel of their work. It can be difficult to get a critics time, so I figured I'd offer in leiu of doing volunteer work elsewhere. grin

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 1:24 PM

Sounds like a generous offer - but be gentle with them. Emphasize the positive, and don't dwell on the clich or bad aspects in their work. I've seen many Poser artists suffer irreparable damage from cruel remarks, and too much honesty can also be hurtful. What they really want is encouragement and good vibes.

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 2:24 PM

I'm always open for suggestions on how to improve my work...I actually am flattered when someone sees enough potential for improvement that they take the time to offer up assistance. Even though I invite constructive critiques, I rarely get them. So I guess that means my work is so sucky that there's nothing that will improve it, lol. So I've given up on hoping for useful comments. Don't get me wrong, I like compliments as much as the next person...it's when there aren't hardly any comments at all that leave me not knowing whether or not I'm progressing. If there's something I'm doing wrong, I'd like to know.

Merlin ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:11 PM

I agree with IndigoSplash, the absence of comments can be disturbing. The absence of visits, too. I always wondered why some artists did get hundreds of visits in the first hours of their posts, and some others not, while i do not really see much difference in both's work quality... Well maybe it's the question of being known or not ;) Having constructive critics can be interesting, even for amateurs who don't pretend to be artists, just like me ;)

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:38 PM

Sounds like a generous offer - but be gentle with them. Ah, I wouldn't go quite that far. Just a little tact goes a long way towards helping people improve. :) Happy holidays, Cres

tonymouse ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:42 PM

OK TS how do you wish to be asked by PM or here in this thread. I am interested to hear what you have to say, I am always open to outside assessment of my work, as it is easy to get caught up in the forest for the trees. Others might hint I'll just ask right out. ;)

zorares ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:19 PM

Hell, give it a look! One thing that bothers me about comments here is that so few are critical! Most of the time they're just "oh you're so great".

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:28 PM

Oh, and before anyone accuses me of chickening out, I'm still more concerned with technical aspects - how to achieve effects, to worry about if I've achieved the correct ones. Once I have a better handling on what I'm doing, I may come begging for critiques on how to do better. Cheers!

bungle1 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:50 PM

I am also a critique show me your work and ill appraise it , thats for youonly tigr shark , I am also a high end graphuic artist, show me your best piece of work tiger and iull let you know what i think, I am very picky too...but fair and honest, i dont silverline my comments lol....

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:55 PM

Here's my three most recent, all different compositions including one of my first into cartoonish stuff: Bad Santa (cartoon) http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=558207&Start=1&Artist=igohigh&ByArtist=Yes Happy Holidays (compositing image within image) http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=558207&Start=1&Artist=igohigh&ByArtist=Yes From Santa With Love (cation: NUDITY) http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=565329&Start=1&Artist=igohigh&ByArtist=Yes But be forwarned, Santa will be watching you and he'll be checking twice!

TigerShark ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 12:05 AM

Mateo, I'm as gentle as I can be. I do not consider myself an artist, but I've had many years experiance working with artists and helping them improve their work. Cruelty is not neccasary. You get more flies with honey than vinegar you know. Igohigh, I believe you're still on my list from last time. My homepage here shows the artists who've asked for my attention (in the favorite artist section, all marked as "requested critique") bungle, Unless page layouts excite you unduly I scarcely think my work is worth looking at from a design standpoint. Thank you for the offer, but I believe I shall pass at this time. (No offense meant, but I suggest that proofreading your posts a little might be a good idea. Gives more of a professional air if you know what I mean.) For those who are interested please IM me, so I can be sure not to miss anyone. My thread notifications appear to be lost. Perhaps they don't like coming to my neighborhood. And no one has been mugged here in weeks even. TigerShark

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 6:24 AM

jaguarwoman ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jaguarwoman.com

TigerShark . . . could you show us some of your published critiques and also some of your own work? I'd be glad to exchange critiques.

Webpage? Gallery? Links to published professional work? Resume?

I'm ready to receive and respond with my professional opinion of your professional opinion.

Dana Sitarzewski
Jaguarwoman Designs
http://www.jaguarwoman.com

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:47 AM

To anyone hesitating, I can say that Tigershark has critiqued, at my request, 3 of my pieces, and also given me some general feedback. I have found this very useful and all done in a most constructive manner. If anyone wants to see an example of the critique, you can view my pictures "Hard Day's Night", "Sunset in the Bulrushes" and "Self-Mutilation", all in my gallery.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

TigerShark ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 11:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.rendervisions.com

I'm pleased to say that the generous Lady Cherry has created an Art Review Forum at Rendervisions which I am now moderating. I look forward to seeing you all and your work there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.