Sun, Sep 22, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Quality Lara Croft model wanted!! I pay good!!

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 4:57 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

I am after a good Lara Croft model. i started one my self but it is bloody hard!! Or can any one point me to the shorts, gun holster thing, hair and boots she wears. ( thats what I am stuck on). Like I say, I pay good!!! Please help. Thanks.

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:19 PM

Glen... Phil Hokusai has done a wonderful "Cara Loft" figure. If someone here doesn't come up with the URL she's currently at drop me an email at cooler@gna.net. Phil has already given me permission to send her out. She's free with the only stipulation being if you like her Phil asks that you send a $5 donation to the March of Dimes (the address is in the readme :-)

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:28 PM

Thanks cooler, but altough that model is fine, I am looking for conforming clothes etc, as i would like to do some animations etc. Thanks again.

whisper ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:37 PM

IIRC I saw a lara croft model at the 3D Comic Collective http://www.3d-cc.com

Viomar ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:25 PM

hey! I'd be interested in Phil's Lara! Even though the one at 3dcc is very good. By the way Glen! I've lost Mr. Hokusai's email! Cause i remapped his Awesome Angel Wings, a while back! I remember posting about it here. He even replied to a question i had! I guess, back then with my silly Questions i must have seemed like a "Newbie"(Which i was). But, not anymore! So, anyhow! What i ask is if he'd give me permission to post them! Cause, i've had a few requests for them. Specially, for the texture i did for them! Regards! Marc

Viomar ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:28 PM

Oops! I meant to say "By the way Cooler!" Marc(I need NEW fingers!)

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:43 PM

Well Marc...since I had no interest in comics after I left the biz in the mid 80's I really had no reason to go to the 3DCC before, but in light of the current thread I thought I'd stick my head in & take a look. The Lara Croft/Cara Loft figure is Phils so you can d/l it from there :-) Just as an aside 3DCC is a really impressive site & everyone involved should be proud of it :-)

Viomar ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:51 PM

well, i'll be...! I have to take a break from my cpu! Of, ourse, it's Phil Hokusai's Lara! I'm such a moron! I know the feeling! I use to Collect for me & a few Comrades, Loads of comics & such! Even went to lots of conventions! Got saturated! Now, I'm Drowning myself in the "3d world". :-) Marc

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:13 PM

Cooler... We kept the light on at the 3D-CC for you for a while now... it's about time you stopped by! Yes, the Lara file at the 3D-CC is the same as Cara... Doug Sturk

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

dlm ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:25 PM

If anyone is interested, and can do it. I have an excellent Lara Croft head and pony tale created in 3d Max that would look fantastic attached properly to a poser body.It would also need some facial morphs to change expressions but it really is very close to the Eidos one..At the moment I,ve done a couple of test renders by taking a poser figure (minus head) into max then just sitting the head on it and texturing the whole thing, as I,m not up on how to replace a poser head. If anyone is interested and wants to take a look at the head, the test renders are at www.switch to/batman under DLM.They are the last three pictures on that page bottom row right. PLEASE BE WARNED-This is a "nuderaider" site & not to everyones cup of tea & some of the other images on the site would fit nicely on Renderotica.Adults only please.

dlm ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:31 PM

http://www.switch.to/batman The Url in the above posting appears not to work.Please try this one.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 11:16 PM

I'd rather have Phil's version of Lara than the Eideos one. I did several renders with her for a friend whose crazy about the series of games. With a wonderful texture from Happy World Land, she looks as she should if she were a real fem and not a bunch of polygons. Since I've helped my friend play all the games so far I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Lara has had a polygon bust enlargment with each successive game. However, to be fair, I will have a look at your Lara head dlm. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 11:48 AM

It seems that there was another Lara model in Poser Freestuff, but I couldn't find it just now. I did find a texture and some Lara morphs there tho, about 130 odd items in.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

dlm ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 11:50 AM

I agree with you Liz as to which Lara I prefer,There is a W.I.P.comic page up in the gallery (Don,t ask me how it got there it wasn,t intended to be published yet) using a slightly morphed poser figure with the Lara hair and I think it looks much better. It,s just that those particular renders look as if I have the real model of her and you would not believe the amount of e-mail requests I get for it.I keep having to explain how it,s done and it would be easier if I could post a model somewhere. Thanks for your interest anyway.

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 3:49 PM

Blimey!!!.....The kind of Lara I want and am working on has her fabulous curves but is essentially a typical poser model. I do not want her to look like the game character as such, because she is to be animated with other poser models. So far, I have created a rather impressive chest morph for the leotard ( my first attempt too!!) and found some glasses that go quite well. I have 'borrowed' PhilC's shorts and holster as well so I am nearly there. I still need conforming boots and a smaller backpack. I am going to paint the gloves on the texture and bump map it I think.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.