Tue, Oct 8, 12:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Big request for you incredible remappers!

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 2:21 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 12:31 AM

With the abundance of textures for the V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress, it would be VERY, VERY cool if one of you ultra talented remappers (and you know who you are) could remap the Stephanie 3.0 Morphing Fantasy Dress to take V3 MFD textures! Especially with the DAZ Tolkein contest going on, Steph 3.0 would make a great elf!

HonorMac ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 4:43 PM

I'd love to give it a try (although I don't get anywhere near the "ultra-talented" list..) but I'd have to buy the dress, and there'd be little point in that unless I bought the S3 base... and of course then I'd need the facial and body morphs, the texture sets... And as impressed as I am that our good neighbors in Utah have managed to up the price of models to fifty or a hundred bucks before you can really do anything, without ever actually saying "That'll be a hundred bucks, ma'am." I just don't really that much wanna reward them for thier cleverness with another hundred bucks quite this soon... But then Steffi flexes those muscles, and I just get all weak... So who knows. ;-) But seriously... Doesn't look like it's be all that difficult, really, does it? (I know... Famous last words)

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 8:31 PM

SP this week would cost you $67.92 and you could have all this: Stephanie 3.0 Petite Base Stephanie 3.0 Petite Head Morph Pak Stephanie 3.0 Petite Body Morph Pak Stephanie 3.0 Petite Texture Maps (Standard Resolution) Wild and Messy Hair for V3/S3 Second Skin Pants and Tops for V3/S3 For a beautiful model, oodles of morphs, wonderfully crafted hair, photo maps and some nice painted-on clothing, I'd say that's not a bad deal at all. And if you're a PC member also, the price goes way down. I paid $16.67 for: SP Morphing Fantasy Dress SP Head Morphs SP Body Morphs SP Loose Comb Hair SP Hooded Cloak Being that V2 came out at $59.95 (a fact most seem to forget), and was basically just the Head/Body morphs for V1 when you get down to it, the Unimesh models aren't a bad deal at all.

caulbox ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 6:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_90655.jpg

When you consider what you pay for a single conforming item ($30 for this one!) then the cloth room alone in Poser 5 has got to be worth the purchase price of the software many times over. I was a bit of a late arrival in the cloth room - as there was (and will be for a very long time yet) so much more to explore in Poser. I ventured back to the cloth room only very recently (not least because of Joe's humorous comments about how much he loved the place). I had to find out why! Somewhat ironically, it was the V3 Fantasy dress which had put me off a bit at first. I thought the dress would be an ideal candidate to be clothified - but Poser was soooo slow, I gave up. As of yet, I know very little about the intricacies of the room, but this last couple of weeks I've had so much fun there. I simply export a clothing figure as an object, and then re-import it (without the boxes ticked so the object appears on my character where it was when exported). Then I sometimes either shrink or enlarge a bit (usually shrink cos I like the petite characters too!) and ask Poser to do its stuff (usually default) whilst I sit back in amazement! I discovered where I went wrong with the fantasy dress is that I was exporting the entire dress including the body handle. I now export the object without the skirt material (DAZ's name for the leg-puller) and it adapts brilliantly to the cloth room takes just a couple of mins for most Poses and refits. It's the same with the Starlet dress. I export that one without the 2 sleeves and skirt materials and it also adapts superbly for clothifying. I haven't got Stephanie 3, but to give you an idea of the results, here's the Poser 3 NYW, which Im guessing, may be of similar proportions. Only takes a couple of minutes to fit, but I had to do this one twice, because I found the default nipples setting in the NYW figure to be too extreme for the thickness of the dress cloth! (and my eyebrows got raised a bit as well!). The cloth room really is that sensitive to fitting.

HonorMac ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 7:10 AM

sighs I'm still a few projects away from being able to justify spending the money on P5... But this definately goes down on the list of reasons to do so. I keep thinking maybe I need a new computer first, but I've also heard it behave a lot better if you don't add (or remove or something) the stuff you're not using? I guess that'll make more sense once I'm using it. And, Ihiannon... I know, you're right of course. With PC membership, everything native to the figure herself (except the hi-res tex) comes in at $27.96... And they'll get it from me, of course... Just gotta wait a week or so. Part of me still hates to start this whole clothing and textures buying thing all over again, though. I guess part of the idea of the unimesh is that the same textures will fit, right? Now I just need to learn how to "tailor" clothes, or make 'em or something :-)

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 1:48 PM

Sorry if I came off a bit strong, HonorMac... I just got tired of people saying "I spent money on the figure and I STILL have to spend money on the morphs. Such-and-such model used to come with morphs..." But no one seemed to realize, yes XYZ model came with morphs, but at the same price that these new Unimesh models are when you buy the 3 packages. I still hope someone remaps that dress (I don't have P5 and I won't have P5)... Or someone could teach ME how to do it... I have UVMapper Pro but what I don't have is a clue. Lhiannan

HonorMac ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 4:56 PM

Actually, I was of a mind it was a lot more, until you reminded me how much I paid for V2 way back when... But I still won't be buying more toys until some of the dust settles around the xmas bills. I think I can re-map it ok... I've remapped a few other things to get my own textures to work better. What I'm not sure about is re-distribution... If you re-map something you have to save a new version of the .OBJ, right? And you can't pass that around, right? Someone? Help? There are a few other things in the MP I'd like to produce re-mapped textures for, if someone can tell me if this is do-able and how to do it... Obviously, I can't / won't / don't want to mess with distribution and copyright...

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 5:45 PM

I don't know how to remap nor the process involved, but I know that when I've downloaded remapped things (for instance, AprilYSH's remapped Vickie/Posettes), there was a process involving a UVS file. I've seen the Export UVS command in UVMapper Pro, but as I've stated as naseum, I don't know the least about it. Lhiannan goes to look for a tutorial...

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 6:04 PM

Here are the basics on how to do it:

In Windows Explorer (or the Mac file browser thingy):

Copy the item.cr2 that you want to remap. (Name it something like item-remap.cr2.)
Copy the .rsr or .png file and rename it as well. (Might as well have a thumbnail for it.)

In UVMapper:

Load the original item into UV Mapper.
Save the template to whatever size you want.
Open up the item you want to use the new template.
Load the original template into the background.
Start moving points around until everything lines us.
Save the remapped object with a new name. (item-remapped.obj for example.)
Export the UVS file.

In a text editor:

Open up the .cr2 file of the remapped object.
Change the figure reference line from item.obj to
item-remapped.obj:

figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:blah:item.obj

should be changed to:

figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:blah:item-remapped.obj

(This is in two spots in the file, one is about 6 lines down, the other is after all the actor blocks.)

Save the item-remapped.cr2 file.

You're done.

To redistribute it, you can give out the .uvs file. People will need to load the original object and then import the .uvs coordinates. They'll also need to modify their .cr2 file to point to the remapped file. (Depending on the item, it might be okay to give out the .cr2 as well. It's safer and less bandwidth to just give instructions on how to do it, though.)

Note: if the remapped item has different material zones than the original, you'll need to create new MAT files to use the correct materials. (Or you can get tricky and rename the materials, if you're comfortable with UV Mapper.)

Hope this helps,

Cres

HonorMac ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 7:14 AM

Oh, yeah... It helps! :-) Thank you! I've had to save it, so I can go back and re-read it a lot... And it's told me yet another reason I need to budget the money for UVM Pro... And, it's hinted to me how much I still need to learn about all this, but it's pointed me in the right direction, too. Thank you again :-)

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 9:38 AM

Thanks Crescent.... I'm saving it as well and going to have a go at that dress when I get the chance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.