Sat, Sep 21, 6:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: NEED DEEP HELP!!!! IMPORTANT!!

ETHAN1 ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 7:07 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 5:24 PM

file_132366.jpg

Hi, I wanna create a piratescene with zygotes Galleon. The Problem is, I want to include our Company Logo into the canvas but the texture isnt correct! Our Logo is the word GREY in orange on a white background. What can I do you positioning the logo better on the canvas! Hope somebody can help me! Thank you

Locke ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 11:57 AM

Select the object that has the texture applied to it, open up the materials lab and click on one of the two dots above three paned window that contains your texture. THe one you need to click on is the one that does NOT read "Texture Source Editor" I am not sure exactly what it says. A dialog will open up that lets you resize the texture. What you probably want to do is to rotate it 180 on the Y axis and scale it a bit. Make sure you turn tiling off by going to the triangle drop down menu on the lower right of that same three paned windo and unchecking "tile image." Hope this helps. Locke

psychomoose ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 1:42 PM

If you are using PhotoShop to create the texture for the logo then usually I find the easiest way to do this kind of thing, without UV texturing, is to render the sail with the logo in Bryce and then take the rendered file into Photoshop and crop down with a square around the sail. Now you know the area, place the text in that area on a new layer and distort with the transform tool to fill the shape, in orage of course. now just fill with, the behind fill command, in your grey and export as a pict (I don't know if that is correct for PC). In Bryce use the materials lab and then click the"P" icon to use a picture, rather than a texture - then the red dot above it to import the new pict file, find you PhS file and import it.Now you want to set it properties to either "object side" or "object front". AND.....that is it......well it's up to you to set the properties. I made a nice canvas texture for a job a while back - mostly the bumpmap - so if I can find it I could email it over if that would help. Hope all this is of some use Psychomoose

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:37 PM

You might also try setting texture mapping to object front

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

thunderdon ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 9:10 PM

The easiest way I've found to beat no/UV control is to rotate your texture image 180" (it will be backwards in 2d paint program). Like doing transparancies, the source has to be backwards. Good luck

Locke ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 11:56 PM

I was also just thinking, why don't you just add it in post? You could do it much more precisley in photoshop then you could do in bryce.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.