Sat, Sep 21, 12:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Vickies Head Floats off????What's up with that!!??

Vethril ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 9:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

Attached Link: Blah!

file_132508.jpg

Okay boys, what am I doing wrong. I week ago, I bought Vickie, and haven't had a chance to play with her yet. Tonight I download the Millie Head Morph from FaerieWoods,and tried to apply it in Poser, and every time, her head floats off. What's up with that? Don't you apply morph targets to Vickie just like any other figure???=( As you can see, Veth has her own answer for this problem, but I'll calm her down. Anyway, what's the deal here? (Totally confused)

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 9:32 PM

I knew she was an air-head all this time :) I don't remember if Millie morphs were made for Vickie but that sounds like your problem, simple answer is not to use them and contact the artist :) -Colt

Vethril ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 9:44 PM

No...the folks at FairyWoods specifically state you must have the "Victoria" figure to use the morphs on. Umm...now I'm really lost. Did I buy the wrong model?

cooler ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 9:56 PM

I haven't d/l'ed the morph but "Millie" may refer to the remapped figure that Jaaeger did using Victoria as the base which I think is still over at Morph World.

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 10:21 PM

Vethril, I just dled the MT1 and 2, opened 1 and applied normally with no problem. I admit I added it to a 'blank' Vicky (not knowing what the morph was for--but assuming it was face shape--as it is). I deleted the morphs from Vicky for another reason, so had her sitting there. I just double clicked on her head, located the .obj (MT) and added it. Dials worked normally, etc. So--I guess I can't help. Yes, you certainly do add morphs normally. Vicky is called Millie by a lot of folks--I think that is why Rena used that. She's called Millie/Vicky about equally, but Jaaeger did remap one that is called Millie also-very confusing. Vicky herself has soooooo many morphs that I usually only add one here and there for a character-maybe a couple. Traveler has quite a few for her on Morph World and they work great. Rena's seem to work fine too. I guess you'll have to write Rena and see if she has had any other problems reported. Diane B

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 11:40 PM

Hrrrrmmmm.. the VIC to Man has a simular problem.... though the head remains in place.. the eyes just float through the top of the head whilst posing..... hrmmmm.. .ver interesante.. aber dumm

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 11:52 PM

You dont really have to start worrying unless the head starts spinning aroung and she starts saying things like, "Your mother sews socks that smell".....watch out for the green stuff too..... Scarab <- we be legion

Vethril ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 12:21 AM

Ahh...the answer finally. It's in the file of RoseDawson on the Fairywoods site. It's a combination of P4 and Vickie. I believe, but I could be wrong, that somehow, my installed Vickie files were reading it instead of their own rsr, obj, whatever. I removed everything related to it, removed all my Vickie files, and rebooted, then reinstalled it again. She works perfect now. It's hard being a technoclutz among all you smartguys. looks at Keoto and makes a face Anyway, she's working fine, and I can try some of the things I keep hearing she was made for. Thank you all for your help. We will see what she can do. =)

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 2:09 AM

My Millie only involves an alteration in the mapping of two materials and the addition of a third. Morphs are not affected, they all work in either figure. You just get higher resolution textures for the lips and naughty bits.

picnic ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 7:21 AM

Vethril, my first post (which I deleted) had to do with Rose Dawson. It is a composite, as you say--and already 'morphed'. Polyette (available in Freestuff I think or on WarriorDL's page) is the same, but without any morphs (well, you have to delete them and then move Vicky's to Polyette with Morph Manager), which makes it easier to create a new character of your own. Rena also has 2 face morphs for Vicky on her site and they work fine, as I said, on 'just plain Vicky' for me--not Rose Dawson, the composite. Wizzard, I'm assuming that Rena's old man is like Rose Dawson. Rena said here at some point, or maybe in an email, that the 'eyes' are the P4 woman's and man's, respectively, and not Vicky's, so you have to readjust every time you pose. Just a little compromise to be able to have that old man head on the P4 body. I'm not sure what Warrior did about the eyes, but I don't have to readjust those on Polyette when I pose. Diane B

Hdrider ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 9:49 AM

Hello, I had the same problems with the Polyette figure. I used MorphManager to install the morphs instead of directly importing them in Poser. Seemed to cure the problem. hdrider

No good deed goes unpunished ...

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 9:24 PM

Millie is the name people gave Vickie before they knew she was to be called Victoria. She was dubbed that before she was actually released for sale. People just kept asking "When's Millie going on sale?" It's a nickname for Millennium Woman. Vickie and Millie are one and the same figure. Somehow, the name Millie stuck, even though Zygote officially named her Victoria at the time of her release. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.