Tue, Sep 24, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 9:23 am)

Subject: Stupid questions... and whom to ask them?

Serious ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 11:51 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

I am entire novice in Poser and I've got a lot of stupid (really stupid) questions... does anybody ready to help? That I could send private messages and not flouding over serious themes :) Q1: How I export to a TIFF or JPEG in desired size? I couldn't find related topic in the manual :-) Q2: If I want to weare a cloth to a figure, a figure disappears and the cloth arrives... and it reads again "Figure one". How to deal with that? In manual they said it is enough just double-click the wanted cloth in the library :-) Q3: Is it anything like history window in Photoshop or something like this? That I could delete two steps and more behind instead of restoring object all the time? Q4: I find incredibly disturbing the use of camera switches in the head and hands graph. In fact, most of my time I spend in tryind to attach the camera in the desired wue... Is it normal? Does Poser have an alternative way to guide cameras? That's it, for today. I wouldn't bother your time again unless you will really want to help. Thanks for your patience! :-)

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:01 PM

well for your first question on the top where it says file click and export image but you have to render it first. Then just save as a tiff or JPEG. for your second question if the cloth is in the figure library you have to add figure not double click it. There are two small check marks at the bottom of the library one is to create a new figure one is to change figure you will want to create a new one. then you go up to the top and click on figure and set parent and then if it is conorming conform it to the original figure. q3. not sure of but someone can help you on this one for sure. q4 I personally use the dial that are one the right for movement in poser verses grabing and moving the object. that way you get a better control over your movements. Hope this helps some not a expert on poser but can answer some questions :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:36 PM

Q3.(history..multi-undo's)...No.

LovePyrs ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:41 PM

"Q3: Is it anything like history window in Photoshop or something like this? That I could delete two steps and more behind instead of restoring object all the time?" I don't think so. It would take up waaaaay too much memory to have a multiple undo feature. But, you can go back one time. Go to the "edit" menu, I believe it is and click "undo" and it will undo the very last thing you did with the exception of applying MAT files and textures. At least that is how it is for me. =) Oh, and there aren't any stupid questions, love. Everyone has started out in the same boat as you, even if they don't want to admit it. ;)

LovePyrs ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:49 PM

Sorry for the cross-post Swamp! =)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:50 PM

Not sure if this is what you are already doing but: cmd/ctrl-= gives a camera framing the head cmd/ctrl-[, cmd/ctrl-] cameras on the left or right hands cmd/ctrl-f front camera cmd/ctrl-t top camera cmd/ctrl-;, cmd/ctrl-' left/right camera cmd/ctrl-/ dolly camera - spins around its own centre, not the centre of the scene cmd/ctrl-m main camera, the one you start with

geep ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 1:46 PM

Hi Serious,

"Q1: How I export to a TIFF or JPEG in desired size? I couldn't find related topic in the manual"

A1. Use the [menu] "Render" ---> "Render Options"
Chose "New Window" and set the size you want.

"Q2: If I want to weare a cloth to a figure, a figure disappears and the cloth arrives... and it reads again "Figure one". How to deal with that?"

A2. When you "double click" you will replace the current figure with the new one from the library.
To ADD a new figure (e.g., clothing) DO NOT double click on the library picture.
Click on it one time to select it ... then, click the "double CHECK MARK" at the bottom of the library window.

"Q3: Is it anything like history window in Photoshop or something like this?"

A3. No ... You can only UNDO the last step.
[menu] "Edit" ---> "Undo"

"Q4: I find incredibly disturbing the use of camera switches in the head and hands graph. In fact, most of my time I spend in tryind to attach the camera in the desired wue... Is it normal?",

A4. You might be interested in this tutorial about Poser's Cameras.
CLICK HERE

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

El_Coyote ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 2:06 PM

That's good info... thanks for the link to that tut.

Still planning on putting those tutorials on a CD? (as per one post in that tutorial thread) I, for one, would be very interested! (Ok, I WANT em!!!)

El Coyote

geep ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 2:45 PM

You ..... would pay good money for Doc Geep's "junk" ? ... ... when you get it all for FREE here on Renderosity? ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

LovePyrs ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 3:39 PM

Junk?! I think NOT!! smackz0rz the good doc Your tutorials are awesome!

mondoxjake ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:29 PM

Seriously Doc Geep, what you should do is go ahead and post the tuts for free here for those of us that know about them...and still put out a book or CD. I mean the only book on Poser I know of is the hunk of expensive trash put out by Mortimer the Sham or whoever...that sells for over $40. [and has less useful info than the worthless Poser manual].

Serious ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 10:03 PM

Thank you, everyone! It's so good feel to know that there is always a good hand for you just around the corner... it helps a lot, especially the psycho types like me who tend to overreacting with every wrong step they do... seriously I don't know how I manage to learn at all and I learn a lot... Thank you again, cause your help is simply PRICELESS!!! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.