Sat, Sep 21, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: TS and morph targets_ Help needed

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 5:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Has anyone used trueSpace to create morph targets? If so, I'd appreciate any help. I've been trying to, but the target's axis get all messed up. I've, also, tried using Compose, but it's not working for me. It always gets hung up when I try to import a cob file into it. Anyway, any help would be usefull. Thanks.

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 5:27 PM

Try contacting Phil C. I know he does a lot in Truespace. maclean

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 5:52 PM

I wish I knew. I use TS exclusivly for the models I create and after extensive research, trial and error, blood, sweat and tears I have come to the conclusion that TS and Poser are incompatible where morphs are concerned. (I also read that on someone elses page somewhere). I could wish otherwise and am only too willing to be proved wrong. I do all my morph targets in Poser with the magnets. Regards PhilC www.philc.net

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 6:52 PM

I guess I'll stick to magnets until tS5 arrives. I do like the new features list. It's about time for some. Thanks Guys,-Nando

kaneda ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 1:31 AM

Hey Kurka...try dis. In Poser, load default nude fig. Apply the default pose, make sure IK is off. Check ALL elements to make sure Rotation, Translation are at 0. Figure should be straight as a board. Now, export the entire figure as a *.3DS model. Load in TS..I have TS2 and 4, this works in TS2. Now, with the *.3DS model loaded, ungroup the fig, and start deforming.DO NOT MOVE THE MODEL!!!! If you Object Deform, click on either SurfaceSculpt or Point Edit. This has to be done to lock the morphed part. Click on ok to delete the objects Deform Mesh. Save as *.COB. This is where the critical piece of the puzzle is. I have XDSoft's 3D Exploration...u can D/L a 30 day free trial, get this if you don't have it(its worth the $30 to unlock it). Load the new *.COB into 3DExploration, and export as a *.OBJ. Just export the Active object, and u don't need to make an .MTL file. Now u can go back to Poser, select the element, and apply the new MT u just made. It works! As I said, I have TS2 and 4, but the above technique always fails in TS4. ?? Remember...start with the Poser figure completly zeroed out!!! All elements should be at zero, no bends or twists. Make sure the scales are at Default 100%. If not, the MT's go nuts. Hope this helps, and get 3D Exploration...it's awesome for converting *.COB's and .SCN files. I will continue experimenting with TS4 to get this working... Kaneda

Kurka ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 6:42 PM

I'll try that. I gave away tS2. Hopefully, it will work with tS3.Thanks.-Nando.

kaneda ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 12:20 AM

Hey Nando, sorry it took so long to post back, but the pc was down this weekend. One other thing, TS4 might work, if you r running the original unpatched Poser4. I tried both patches, and they both screw up the 3ds export to where I can't ungroup the mesh. I can't even check that option. I have had a lot of luck with the standard Poser4..no patch. But, u can export the posette/PoserDork from unpatched, save em in TS, then patch Poser. Thats what I will do. Still trying to figure out how to get this to work with the original GhostEffects patch. I will not use the Curious Labs one, to much hassle. Let me know if this works for you... Later Kaneda

Kurka ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 7:42 AM

Thanks. I'll keep trying. I've used tS3 without much luck.---I installed the Curios Lab patch. It seems to be similar to the previous patch, ecxept that it installs a Curious Lab logo. Apparently, what it does is check over a network to see if if you have the same copy of Poser installed.-Not a problem for me. By the way, how do you deal with the size difference? -I find my figures import tiny. -Nando.

kaneda ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 8:36 PM

Hey, the size differencs ya have ta live with...I have 2 scenes saved, 1 poser female and 1 poser male, with the windows zoomed all the way in. Remember....you cant move or resize the .3ds models. But... Say u make a cool MT for the left leg with object deform- instead of doing it on the right leg, copy the MT, mirror, and make sure grid is on. Rotate on the Z axis(right mouse button), and rotate the mirrored copy to the right side. Save as the right MT, convert in 3DExploration as .obj, and you now have right and left MT's with half the work. Let me know if you get 3DExploration..at least D/L the 30 day trial, and try the technique... I still think u have to reinstall Poser4 without the patch. That was the only way I could export .3DS figures with their groups. A hassle I know...I did mine and moved about 500m of stuff out, then put it back... Later...

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2000 at 9:13 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been away for a while. It's not working for me. I tried using tS 3 SE. Thanks for your help, though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.