Sun, Sep 22, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:04 pm)

Subject: Another Plea for Help from all you Great Folks Poser5 face room

TIMMYLYNN ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 6:45 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:30 PM

Why in the heck will my head that i morphed in the Poser 5 face room not work with nodes? And it is a different color.....how do i find the image map for it....i attached it to the body and made a new figure....the skin is a different color and i need to make it more like the body and like i said nodes will not work on it. Is this just a Poser5 bug. Does anyone have any work arounds. Thanks again TIMMYLYNN

Poseur ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 9:29 PM

This is not a bug, just a stupid limitation of P5. It only creates a texture map for the head and puts it in Poser 5/Runtime/textures/faceroom. I'm not sure what you mean by nodes not working, but there are a couple of workarounds that work more or less for me. In the Material room, you can play around with the Diffuse Color node for the SkinBody material to get the body color to match the face better. Try editing the Diffuse Color node and using the eyedropper tool to pick up the darkest part of the face color as a starting point. Or, if your figure is clothed AND the only skin showing is in the neck area AND you are viewing the head from the front, you can edit the body texture map and replace it with the face image map from the above folder. The front of the neck will match the head perfectly. The rest of the figure's skin will look like a burn victim, however... :-)

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 4:32 AM

Faceroom made textures have their own material, "faceroomskin". Edit that instead of the usual "skinhead", "lips", etc materials.

fls13 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:54 AM

You can save the face room texture as a .jpeg file to any folder you like by clicking on the file icon to the right of the texture preview box that sits at the bottom middle of the face room view. But then you have to reapply it in the material room, if you decide to do some postwork on it in your photo app, which is often necessary, especially if their is a glaring skin tone difference between the body and head texture like you mentioned. I think the photo app approach is better than monkeying with the diffuse colors to get the matchup.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.