Wed, Oct 23, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: (Newbie Question) How to Bend a Bar....

SmileyMax ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 9:04 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:20 AM

Sorry, this may be a slightly a stupid question but im a real newbie with Bryce. Now inderstand boolean functions and I know that it wouldn't be THAT hard to make a bent bar with the us of some toruses, (tori) and some cylanders, but that could be a real pain with some intense bending. So I'm wondering if there's any way to make a bend bar easier. Or if anyone has some obj. sets of bent bars or something like that could be really useful for creations. Thanks Guys Devin Taylor Thinking Allowed Graphics

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 9:16 PM

i think there's a wonder bar tube or something a regular here has posted (he'll kill me since i don't remember his name). check the bryce freebies for that. otherwise, you have three options: 1. symmetrical lattice. make what you want in photoshop or whatever, blur it a bit, import it into the terrain lab as a picture and have fun. 2. multi-replication of a sphere or something. hard and annoying 3. cylinder, sphere, cylinder, sphere 4. bonus: www.wings3d.com Drac

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 9:49 PM

Madmaxbr5 posted a plug-in for Bryce he had created called "smart-pipe" which makes excellent bent cylinders using metaballs (only works if you are using bryce 5) search the forum for "smartpipe" or "zenith" and find the message about it being free, if u cant find it I will look for it and send u the link. If not that, I would agree w/ Drac and go with Wings 3d, by creating a cylinder, then extruding/ rotating the top repeatedly, u can make some awesome pipes good luck!

SmileyMax ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 10:45 PM

Hey thanks for the help guys. Well, I did find Smartpipe, but i think it might be for windows only cause I couldn't figure out how to get the plug-in to work, (I have a mac). I also took a look at Wings 3D and think I'll definetly take a look at it. If you have any other advice let me know thanks guys. Oh by the way are there any other programs that people sculpt items in that are worthwhile such as Cinema 4d etc. Thanks Devin Taylor Thinking Allowed Graphics

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 12:10 AM

Go with Wings3D, it's free and does anything you need to model.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 6:02 AM

LoL smilymax I made it on a mac ;) Make sure you you are loading it from the object presets menu, and not the file menu. So click the little triangle near the create button, then click "import" at the bottom. Find smartpipe and load it up. There are, i think, 6 or 7 colorsthat will be there for texturing purposes (you select by family color, then apply materials. Otherwise, it's hard.)

SmileyMax ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 9:08 AM

Hmm, Interesting I understand how this is suppposed to work now however for some reason my stupid Bryce won't open it. Infact it wont recognize any OBP file besides the user.obp when i try to import them. Strange. Thanks a ton for your help though. By the way I did do some work with multi-replicting small cylinders and it looks pretty decent with the right Texture however its quite polygon intensive, so hopefully i can figure out Madmax's smartpipe.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 9:32 AM

make sure you have the bryce 5.01 update i'm assuming you are running bryce 5?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.