Sat, Sep 21, 5:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hi, and help!

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 3:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:39 PM

Hi, Everybody. I have a couple of questions to ask; I've been trying out Bryce as a renderer, and I'm very impressed with it. My first question is: do you think it has a future? -I would be reluctant to spend a great amount of time learning how to use it if it's not going to be developed any further. Having come from the Amiga side, I know how frustrating this is. The second question: is there a way to create a setup without ANY lights? I've managed to eliminate most using the grey sky preset, but there still is a light somewhere. Anyway, thanks in advance,-Fernando.

Caligula ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 3:59 PM

Click the sun to make it a moon (to make it night time) and then make the moon color a dark gray.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 4:13 PM

I think it will be developed further, as a matter of fact Corel just released a new update for it.

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 8:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll try the moon thing. Also, it's good news to hear it will be around. It's a great renderer. I've been using the Amapi givaway (version 4.1) and it's a truly wonderfull modeller for it. The people at TGS are very helpfull, and they will let you have a manual for $29, plus you can upgrade to V5 for %50.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 9:17 PM

Howdy. I'd just like to say it's nice to have a fellow Amiga lover around (I was starting to think I was the only one). If the moon thing doesn't work, open the simple black background, change the sun color to black and/or disable sunlight. This should give you a scene without any lights (you should see the models in a flat grey or black color). And hey, even if they stop updating, it's still a really great rendering engine (even if it IS a little slow). :>

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 11:04 PM

I'm afraid that if MetaCreations sells off it's 3D apps... it's going to be metastream that has no future. The moon thing should work... If I may ask, why a scene with no lights? I might have a tip or two if I was sure of what effect you were looking for...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Kurka ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 11:47 PM

I'm just creating a default setup. I'm mostly interested in rendering interiors, or table-top type settings; this way I have more control over what goes on. -Fernando.

Caligula ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2000 at 10:54 AM

I mostly do interiors. If you put 3 walls up and a ceiling, you will block out the sunlight. Read my custom skies tutorial at http://www.bryce4all.com/tutorials.htm . The same default dark setting will not necessarily give you the mood lighting you'll want for a good interior. The custom sky method is your best way, IMHO, to control the pallette of your project.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2000 at 10:57 AM

Ah. Lets see... On doing interior shots, I find I have more control on the lighting if I go with a black sky and use the moon trick that was described. I also build a completely enclosed box with flat black non-reflective texture arournd my scene and do all of my lighting within the room. That allows me as close to complete control over the lights as possible. Bryces only real flaw in that, is taht it seems impossible to completely do away with ambient lighting, even in a night scene. Hope this helps any... later.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2000 at 8:00 PM

Thanks everybody. You have been very helpfull. I did the moon thing, and it works fine. If there is some residual light, it's minnimal.- Fernando. PS- Tenyon. I'm glad to see an Amiga guy somewhere!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.