Sun, Sep 22, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How do I make combined figures?

tedbragg ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 8:21 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:21 AM

A few years ago, I stumbled across some comicbook styled figures. They were the default P4 people, but somehow had superhero costumes intergrated with the mesh itself. AN unexpected benefit with these figures was VERY low overhead inside Poser...I was able to use them in full preview tracking with no slow-downs, and crowd scenes were a cinch render-time wise... I'd like to do this with my own figures to cut down the mesh weight, but I can't figure out how to do it. Not sure but I think Sturk did a few of them (the 3d Comic Collective)

tedbragg ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 9:57 AM

A little elaboration: I have Mike 2, and the sci-fi suit. The suit is lower in the mesh count, thus reducing overhead and render-time. What I'd like to do is take Mikey's head, neck and hands (the only exposed body parts) and intergrate them into the skiffy suit as a new figure. How would I do that? I only have P4, not the Pro-Pack, and I"m on Mac, so -- UGH. Is this gonna involve CR2 editing? Or can the geometries be combined without losing bones/rigging and JPs?

VI_Knight ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 10:48 AM

I would think that you could load M2 and hide all the body parts yo udo not want and export what is left then re-import it. Or maybe just save it to your library. The next time you add it to your scene it should only come in with the visible stuff. Then just add your body suit. There are other ways or more detailed ways to do this but this is just from the top of my head.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 10:48 AM

.bm.

tedbragg ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 11:18 AM

OK, so just hide what I don't want, export to OBJ (geez, that'd blow out all the morphs, wouldn't it?) then re-import to P4, parent it to the suit and off I go. I"ll give it a whirl!

Tintifax ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 12:26 PM

If you don't want to loose the morphs, it's gonna be real hard. One way could be making a new external obj for mike. WORK WITH A COPY! Take the obj from Mike to e.g. UVMapper and select all unwanted parts. Delete them. Save the new obj. Load it to Poser and add the suit. Save it to a new obj. Load it to UVMapper and adjust the names of the suit body parts to the original body part names of michael (alternatively you can edit the obj by hand). Then copy the cr2 of Mike and edit the external geometry calls to your new obj. Delete all morphs in the cr2 by hand. I didn't try this until yet, so do it on your own risk. To retain partial morphs (face, hands,...) you may be able to transfer them with Morph Manager. Just an idea...

tedbragg ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 12:48 PM

I tried a few ways with Mikey and his suit...no go. Too complex for me to bother with. I'll get me a CPU upgrade and stuff more ram into the machine! :-) Looks like if I want lower-poly figures, Ill just have to make my own.

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 4:46 PM

If I am thinking of the same figures, I think Mason was doing these at one time as Mr.X If the Mason I see listed here is the same Mason I am thinking of, than he can probably help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.