Fri, Sep 20, 7:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: New conforming Vicki boots (WIP)

brschmidt ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 9:01 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

file_132805.jpg

Something I was playing with last night and posting for comments before I go on. It still needs some cr2 tweaks, morphs and UVmapping. Also have a knee high version. One comment I'm particularily interested in is whether people prefer the smooth lines or with wrinkles/folds around the knee and ankle joints.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 9:51 AM

What I see looks really, really good! The smooth look would work for those comic book character people (have you noticed that costumes on comic book characters hardly ever have wrinkles?). If it isn't too difficult you could try both smooth look and wrinkles. Low heel is nice, but I also like stiletto heels. Now, question here. Could you make a set of these for the Poser Male? Think I'm nuts. I could send you an old photo from 1982 of Motley Crue wearing boots like these with small platforms and stiletto heels. What I see here is excellent though. Please, please, post and update on this project! Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc. (P.S. I could help with textures!)

rtamesis ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 11:15 AM

I'd like to see some realistic wrinkles at the ankle joint. I've been looking for riding boots for Vicky, so if the knee length boots stop just below the knee, they will be perfect.

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 1:42 PM

If you increase the mesh density at the joints, you can provide them both ways with the addition of a morph. The same with the high heels - more mesh + morph = low, medium, high - narrow or wide.

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 6:16 PM

This boots looks really great. I prefer the wrinkeld one's, because they doesn't exist at this time. And i see also much use of them for fantasy-characters. SHARKEY

brschmidt ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 8:14 PM

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like the wrinkles are a head so far... They are a pain to model but I'll give it a go after I finish tweaking these up for Vicki. Jagger - Agreed I could do both versions with the same model but my personal preference is make two versions. That way I can use them in my other animation applications. Since I have the basic mesh it wouldn't be hard to modify for the P4Male. I'll put that on the todo list. -Byron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.